• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so its rwkw but fw-torque :unsure:

did i mention i dont like mainline hahahah thats the weirdest shit tho

the bloke who took out the day bosko(ba f6) reeled off 510rwkw on a d/d then 447rwkw today with a very same torque figure 1088nm i think it was but that would definately be doing high nm @wheels running 24+psi through a 4litre i was totally shocked at the torque figure of mine in relation to kw but what bosko made 447/1088 seemen on the money........got me all a little confusious :mellow:

Last year i put my BF XR6T on the rollers at Willalls and reeled off 270rwkw compared to 327rwkw on Bruce's dyno (16psi, Process west surge tank, E-bay cooler, 40lb injectors, BP ultimate). TBH i wasnt too fussed with the difference i was actually expecting it. Next stage is bigger injectors, .7 front cover, E85 and decent clutch, will be tuning on 20-24psi. Be interesting to see the difference E85 makes....The Skyline was like night and day when it was tuned on E85, hoping for the same from the XR6.

Hey Sled the FG looks the goods mate.

Lee

Last year i put my BF XR6T on the rollers at Willalls and reeled off 270rwkw compared to 327rwkw on Bruce's dyno (16psi, Process west surge tank, E-bay cooler, 40lb injectors, BP ultimate). TBH i wasnt too fussed with the difference i was actually expecting it. Next stage is bigger injectors, .7 front cover, E85 and decent clutch, will be tuning on 20-24psi. Be interesting to see the difference E85 makes....The Skyline was like night and day when it was tuned on E85, hoping for the same from the XR6.

Hey Sled the FG looks the goods mate.

Lee

Thanks Lee..........again we see a difference of almost 60rwkw between a Mainline and a DD (Disney Dyno) :P

I would've thought a difference of 10 - 20 rwkw would be the expected norm, but 60 - 80rwkw is just crazy and worth investigating as to why the huge difference......................MARTIN, WHERE ARE YOU!!!!

when you need a clutch get a quote and get in touch with me ;)

But it's a Ford Stevey Boy :P

Don't listen to the plebs Jet......you're more than welcome here bud............they're only jealous cause neither of them have ever experienced an 11 sec car (let alone a potential 10 sec job) :spank:

I've experienced a 10 second bike! Actually, I still ride it frequently ... does that count? :P Built a turboed 9 second bike, but that scared the shit outta me, so I guess I'm still not quite a 'man' yet :laugh:

Fords I can put up with. But if we start venturing into Commonwhore discussions, oh there'll be hell to pay :down:

Heck yeah......you gotta draw the line somewhere.........last time I checked, the General didn't know what forced induction was

and no, bikes don't count...sorry :nyaanyaa:

are you sure that you guys aren't quoting tractive effort instead of true torque. XR6T's are making around the mid 500 Flywheel Nm mark from factory and you aren't doubling the power so there is no way that you are doubling the torque, since the two are related. So either your are making the power a lot later in the rev range or you aren't making 1000nm.

Edited by D_Stirls

I'd also like to say a big thank you to Matt Sherlock, Nightcrawler, Matty T, and Vu for coming over today to move some f**kin big H beams for my floor ... and drinking my beer and eating pizza!

Happy to help Roo! Let me know when the phase of the project is taking place and I'll bring some rigging gear over.

On the subject of thankyou's, Andrew and Matty T cheers boys for the carbon wrap job. Awesome effort :thumbsup:

Was a pleasure meeting you guys today.

No worries Matty, hope you like it! Nice to meet you too mate - happy to help out one of the SAU community. :D

mate you addicted to that stuff, looking for and suggesting what we can wrap on my car the other week.

hopefully catch up for a drink once your back from Kadina

assuming thats flywheel torque, thats still pretty decent (550-600nm at the wheels?). nice power

-D

There is a lot of confusion regarding torque readings on dynos.

The chassis dyno shows - Engine Torque At The Wheels. In other words engine torque MULTIPLIED by the gear ratio used, diff ratio, and tyre size. We can take that into account and correct it by using the Mainlines Derived Torque function which requires we take an engine speed reading during the run. This is something we normally do not do at dyno days as it takes a little longer to implement and 'hook up'.

yeh original were off heinrichs 510-421 and yeh both running e85 as u said if u can reel off a 300 on a mainline its guna cut the mustard nicely.we have done some back to back runs across adelaide hpt vs k.p.m vs southern hi tek but they were all d/d and were showing very ball park figures but the mainline seems to be the differ

There is no dyno debate, there are actually very simple explanations for the power difference.

When run in Shootout Mode (6F is recommened for the Falcon) the Dyno Dynamics - ADDS - power to the rear wheel reading to compensate for what it considers to be acceptable driveline loss. In othere words there is a bit of software in the dyno program that says 'Ok this is a forced induction six cylinder so it must have a gearbox that takes this much energy to turn, wheels this big, and a driveline that weighs this much....so lets multiply the rear wheel power by a correction factory as we put it on the screen' to give a nice figure

Mainline actually shows you the power - and torque - you ARE HITTING THE ROAD WITH

The rear wheel kilowatt figure is what you have accelerating you down the strip

The rear wheel torque figure (which is multiplied by the gear/diff ratio) is also what is accelerating you down the strip, hence you accelerate faster in third gear than fourth gear (more torque multiplication)

There is no manipulation of the figures to present them in a more readable or acceptable format. Raw data is the Mainlines strength

All the dynos that you state read close to each other are all applying the some artificial power reading correction to the figures, hence the warm fuzzy feel good factor for the laminate racers and the equally head scratching track times. Hope that makes sense :)