SAU Community

The Wasteland 2011 Edition

Nightcrawler

I cant win a trick. My hips are very painful, as-in hurts to sit, hurts to lay down, Knees are farcked so i cant walk far, etc.

Seriously im falling apart.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have to say, on E85 i dont really have much trouble starting my car in winter.

the engine may have to crank over a couple more times than it would on PULP, but its nothing to really worry about.

but i suppose its probably something some new car owner would complain that they can't turn the key for 1 second and plant their foot straight away leaving the Coles carpark.

its interesting reading how this guy has made his car a Flex fuel car, but how often is he really going to change between the two fuels. once the novelty wears off he'll probably just use the one type and be done with it.

Also, when he puts true E85 in his tank in summer/when the decent fuel is available, the cars tune will turn right up and make max power. When he puts in a shitty mix, it will automatically soften the tune so as to not blow up. Even more so when PULP98 is put in. Brilliant idea I reckon. If you tune your car on E85 and have no knock sensor/safety barrier, then go put in some fuel that you think is E85 but turns out it is E70 you may pop your engine. Not this guy though.

And on a funny note :

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. The test features a situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous. Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.

THE SITUATION

You are in Queensland, Brisbane to be specific.

There is chaos all around you caused by severe storms.

This is a flood of biblical proportions.

You are a photo-journalist working for the Courier Mail, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless.

You're trying to shoot career-making photos.

There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing into the water..

Nature is unleashing all its destructive fury.

THE TEST

Suddenly, you see a woman in the water.

She is fighting for her life, trying not to be taken down with the debris.

You move closer... Somehow, this woman looks familiar...

You suddenly realise who it is... It's Julia Gillard! You notice that the raging waters are about to take her under forever.

You have two options:

1. You can save the life of Prime Minister Gillard; or

2. You can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize-winning photo, documenting the death of one of the country's most powerful people!

THE QUESTION

Here's the question, and please give an honest answer...

Would you select high contrast colour film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

LOL andrew, before I came across the 2 options I was thinking 'you have to attempt to save whoever it is'.... never saw that coming.

hey Dean. yeah mate Im right royally f**ked at the moment. seriously a good ol'fashioned hanging sounds pretty reasonable right now.

Im trying to pull myself out of depression, have moments when Im real real low, as low as you can go, then half the day later Im positive and planning for my future (ie knuckle down next year and study radiation therapy). To have chronic pain in both knees AND both hips is simply "unfair". If I didnt have two children...............

LOL andrew, before I came across the 2 options I was thinking 'you have to attempt to save whoever it is'.... never saw that coming.

hey Dean. yeah mate Im right royally f**ked at the moment. seriously a good ol'fashioned hanging sounds pretty reasonable right now.

Im trying to pull myself out of depression, have moments when Im real real low, as low as you can go, then half the day later Im positive and planning for my future (ie knuckle down next year and study radiation therapy). To have chronic pain in both knees AND both hips is simply "unfair". If I didnt have two children...............

Chin up mate. Things can only get better :D

thanks guys. Im committed to getting my act to together and at the very least put my mind into my uni course next year (deferred for 12months).

Just Im having a lot of moments of weakness of late, with my body telling me its failed, my brain listening, but my heart focussed on being a GREAT role model for my children.... to show them no matter the adversity you can be a success.

Would love to come help Matty, but will be chauffeuring Munro around in his R35GTR for the arvo while he drinks, then off to dinner with the Willall lads.

If you need some RTV silicone sing out/come get it - I have a near new tube here from when I installed my new upper plenum the other week.

I watched "Grand Prix - the Killer Years" this afternoon - great documentary and a real eye opener to the horrors of early motorsport!

was looking on some other sites, and these pics seemed to go with your post.

big balls on these drivers.

post-26183-0-63076200-1308818719_thumb.jpg

post-26183-0-11995200-1308818728_thumb.jpg

post-26183-0-88873200-1308818755_thumb.jpg

They're finally starting to get moving with my R34 now - rear has been pulled out straight on the jig, and they've started drilling out & unwelding the rear panels at the factory weld-points ready to replace from the donor car that's sitting next to it.

Each time I see it, I can't believe how long it's been since I've felt some turbo-power - I miss it terribly. It's been 71 days since the accident, and whilst an 80FWKW SSS is good enough for a daily, but it doesn't remotely compare :(

thanks guys. Im committed to getting my act to together and at the very least put my mind into my uni course next year (deferred for 12months).

Just Im having a lot of moments of weakness of late, with my body telling me its failed, my brain listening, but my heart focused on being a GREAT role model for my children.... to show them no matter the adversity you can be a success.

Now you're talking bud...........nothing more important than your kids at the moment.

Anyone feel like getting elbow deep in Camry with me on Saturday? Need to replace the water pump on my missus' daily.

Beer and BBQ provided of course

Yeah you couldn't have picked a worse day Matty. My car is having work done on it on Sat and I'll more than likely be joining Andrew for John's birthday as well........does it have to be done this weekend?