The Wasteland 2011 Edition

Nightcrawler

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much and where from matty? Ive been looking at the whole kit lately, hopefully it might resolve the choo-choo turbo shuffle the -5s have

Kudos Motorsport pete. The suction kit was a tad over 1300 freighted from qld. Hard pipe kit installed last week was 650.

Somehow I dont think its the boost flutter you have to worry about pete (stock wastegates ftw) :whistling: You still attending the dyno day? I can't wait to hear your 33 at full noise in the shed :D

Kudos Motorsport pete. The suction kit was a tad over 1300 freighted from qld. Hard pipe kit installed last week was 650.

Somehow I dont think its the boost flutter you have to worry about pete (stock wastegates ftw) :whistling: You still attending the dyno day? I can't wait to hear your 33 at full noise in the shed :D

Yeah I'll be there don't you worry.

Does that suction kit fit your stock afms or only z32s?

Aaah should've mentioned that... I got the last kit from kudos that is compatible with stock afms. The rest are Z32 jobbies.. I'm gonna cheat and use nismo items..

It might pay to have a bit of a google and find out which brand you prefer the look of mate, some people prefer the HKS kit, good luck finding one in oz though!

Only problem is now my inlet plenum would look much better chromed and polished, looks like my stealth engine bay approach is dead :whistling:

Anybody know the best place to buy a Nistune for series 2 rb25 r33? An do you need to supply your own ecu or does it come complete to bolt in?

I didn't think these were supported, so I checked their website (http://nistune.com/equipment-products-type2.php):

• ECR33 Skyline (RB25DET)*1

*1 ECR33 RB25DET Skyline can use HCR32DET ECU (no VCT) or Z32 VG30DETT ECU (internal modifications required)

So yeah - R32 ECU if you don't want VCT, or Z32 ECU if you do.

Aaah should've mentioned that... I got the last kit from kudos that is compatible with stock afms. The rest are Z32 jobbies.. I'm gonna cheat and use nismo items..

It might pay to have a bit of a google and find out which brand you prefer the look of mate, some people prefer the HKS kit, good luck finding one in oz though!

Only problem is now my inlet plenum would look much better chromed and polished, looks like my stealth engine bay approach is dead :whistling:

Yeah nismo afms is what I'm running too hence why I mention it. I think I'll probably just import one when the time comes. It's good to know it works with the stock size ones though, I couldn't find any info about it on trusts website.

Sorry pistol I may not have explained that properly. The greddy kit comes in two variations: standard afm and z32 afm compatible. I managed to snag the last one on kudos' shelves that retain stock items.

That way I can run nismo afm's later on if need be. try www.rhdjapan.com .... never fails :)

So you bought two separate kits, the intake and the I/C piping? Thought they came in one kit?

Yep seperate kits. The "Hard Pipe Kit" replaces the factory rubber i/c piping. The "Suction Kit" replaces the factory intake piping and airbox. A smidge under 2k sent to my door..

Sorry pistol I may not have explained that properly. The greddy kit comes in two variations: standard afm and z32 afm compatible. I managed to snag the last one on kudos' shelves that retain stock items.

That way I can run nismo afm's later on if need be. try www.rhdjapan.com .... never fails :)

yeah thats what i wasnt sure of as i hadnt been able to find anywhere selling the standard size version, even rhdjapan