The Wasteland 2011 Edition

Nightcrawler

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i will certainly try and push him along to get a non actuator seat working, even just how killer the steering wheel and pedal setup is its worth it

post-52024-0-90123800-1308639374_thumb.jpg

little cutie isnt he.

as per my PM - congrats!!!

I watched "Grand Prix - the Killer Years" this afternoon - great documentary and a real eye opener to the horrors of early motorsport!

wacthed the senna movie last night, very interesting.

I watched "Grand Prix - the Killer Years" this afternoon - great documentary and a real eye opener to the horrors of early motorsport!

Worst one was 1977 south africa grand prix...

Renzo Zorzi's car caught on fire and pulled over to the side after the crest of a long straight....

Two marshalls ran straight across the track hauling 20kg fire extinguishers, one car narrowly missed the first marshall but Tom Pryce's car hit the marshall at approx 270-280kph. The impact of the car literally ripped the marshall (a 19 year old) in half, but also the 20kg fire extinguisher hit Tom Pryce in the face, his helmet effectively decapatitating him instantly. Since he had his foot on the pedal for the straight, his car kept going at top speed, clipping Jacques Lafitte and hitting the wall. Pretty horrific footage was recorded, its avail on youtube for the morbid/curious.

-D

This is my new boy LEVI JETT the double 't' is for the twin turbo GTR that will be his oneday. Mum is doing well after the emergency C section. Was a close call.

post-52024-0-90123800-1308639374_thumb.jpg

Congrats Brad. Hope both are doing well :D

No problem Pierre

Darwin Awards 2011

The Winner:

1. When his .38 caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California, would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.

The Honourable Mentions:

2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat cutting machine and after a little shopping around, submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.

3. A man who shovelled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.

4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.

5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.

6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer... $15.

7. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.

8. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, "Yes, officer, that's her. That's the lady I stole the purse from."

9. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan at 5 A.M., flashed a gun, and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away. (*A 5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER.)

10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street by sucking on a hose, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline, but he plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.

In the interest of bettering mankind, please share these with friends and family, unless of course one of these individuals by chance is a distant relative or long lost friend. In that case, be glad they are distant and hope they remain lost.

Andrew, the reason the mix of Ethanol goes down to 70% in winter is due to some cars ability to start well on 85% in cold climate...........not an issue in Summer

Haven't read that link yet but will do when I get a minute

Andrew, the reason the mix of Ethanol goes down to 70% in winter is due to some cars ability to start well on 85% in cold climate...........not an issue in Summer

Haven't read that link yet but will do when I get a minute

To summarise it for ya, he put a commodore ethanol content sensor in his r34 gtr tank and programmed his ecu to interpret the signal and change the tune to suit.

i have to say, on E85 i dont really have much trouble starting my car in winter.

the engine may have to crank over a couple more times than it would on PULP, but its nothing to really worry about.

but i suppose its probably something some new car owner would complain that they can't turn the key for 1 second and plant their foot straight away leaving the Coles carpark.

its interesting reading how this guy has made his car a Flex fuel car, but how often is he really going to change between the two fuels. once the novelty wears off he'll probably just use the one type and be done with it.

I think he has gone that route in case he gets stuck somewhere where you can't get any e85 gear but can get hold of some 98 PULP.

Its a good idea,

and would come in handy if you're doing long drives and are stuck with low fuel.

I suppose i've just gotten use to filling up at the one servo and making sure i've got enough fuel to get me to where i'm going and back. even if it means filling up a jerry can in the boot.