The Wasteland 2011 Edition

Nightcrawler

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the latest with my car is that I dont think its the turbos. After finding some long fingers and taking more pipe work off they spin fine with no play. The swirl marks that I saw from down the mirror where just fine oil and dust.

Going back to the cat it wasn't collapsed but it has a bit of carbon build up in it. Would this cause a huge restriction. It also has a blue tinge to it so it suggests its getting hot. After the shudder the exhaust note was quieter.

If I had blown a turbo I would of thought I wouldn't get any boost?

Im still getting 10 out of the 20 that it was set to. Plenty of pressure on the wastegate.

Ive checked all pipework and boost hoses. Car still starts and drives ok it just wont get the boost it used too.

Have I missed something before I put it all back together? Or do I need to pull more apart. I havent checked the back of turbos they are N1s so I would think the wheel is still there.

If I were you Brad I would take the GTR for a quick burn (very late at night) with the exhaust and cats removed and see if it will make 20psi. If it does, then it rules out the cats or collapsed exhaust out of the equation.

Bit of work done today. :)

Motor in, then gearbox in, now tomorrow to cut intercooler holes :)

nice!

ps: on your yahoo travels luke, can you keep an eye out for a 4" hks super drager cat back for a jza80 for me ? do u know how much they go for...need 1 real soon...? Thanks.

Bit of work done today. :)

Motor in, then gearbox in, now tomorrow to cut intercooler holes :)

Good to see that thing getting together now. Will come and lend a hand/have a beer with ya when I am free mate :D

I just worked out the cause to my boost problem. It was a half blocked cat. There was a fair bit of carbon build up. It was very black inside. The cat should be a nice brown colour inside from the carbon being burnt off. Anway did the cowboy thing and bashed it out. Now the car boosts even better than before.

Since were talking about tunes. Should I get my car tuned again? Only because last time it would of had a part blocked cat. And now it flows better.

I always thought running N1s @ 20psi would get more than 265awkw.