SAU Community

The Wasteland 2011 Edition

Nightcrawler

Blah blah blah 1/8th mile this, 1/8th mile that, something about "old guys" participating because it's cheaper.

Cost may be an issue swaying the old guys on the scene to get behind the 1/8th mile, it is after all prohibitively expensive to make constant trips over the border to put down a time that actually matters, which brings me to my next point really.

1/8th racing is basically the same as doing half a lap at Malalla, sure, it's fun, but it doesn't count for shit. No serious drag racer is going to care that you did 9 seconds on the 1/8th mile.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Matsuri was fantastic! MASSIVE thanks to Simon and Craig who took me for some laps. Simon, you're un-f**king-beleivable and Craig, you're a f**king champ! So sorry when I saw your car damaged but atleast it was nothing too serious. Here's hoping they hold another one soon!!!!

Matsuri was amazing, I hope they do another in a warmer/drier month :D

Matsuri = awesome

was awake for 21 hours yesterday............and 6 hours later im awake again >_<

agreed on the weather, thats the only thing that made it a bit of a bitch, but look at the crowds that were there even though it was pissing down!

makes me wanna get a skid car as well as the GTR hahaha

Give me the World Standard anyday.....1/4 Mile FTW!!!

Tailem ran a 400m event last year (September if I remember right)

It was good enough for my EVO X to run an 11.9

and a mates turbocharged LS1 a 12.2 (on Achilles street tyres of all things)

Now apparently its unsafe to run cars 400m there - although the surface was totally fine, CAMS even let us run in the wet, and there was no problem with that either. Let the Sporting Car Club run these meets and they will be 400m. For some reason ANDRA seem hell bent on making everything into an 1/8th mile....we already have four such tracks. We do not need another.

Standing 1000m would be even better. The deep end is where the fun is.

For a cheaper sport, try knitting, not castrating drag racing.

Twenty 20 short format suits cricket, not cars IMO.

Lobby the Sporting Car Club and we will get the 400m events back :)

Dragged myself outta bed this morning. Wasn't going to let a cold prevent me from getting Tracy (my wife) her early birthday present.

Meet Millie, an 11yo thoroughbred ex-racehorse. No vices, 100% awesome horse, friendly and responds to commands.

Tracy of course was very excited :P

horse033.jpg

:thumbsup:

Ooo that one's earned you some hurt from Tracy :P

Yeah 'Millie' is an awesome easy natured horse. Tracy still can't believe that she now owns a horse :laugh:

:P

Well Matsuri was fantastic! MASSIVE thanks to Simon and Craig who took me for some laps. Simon, you're un-f**king-beleivable and Craig, you're a f**king champ! So sorry when I saw your car damaged but atleast it was nothing too serious. Here's hoping they hold another one soon!!!!

i have u on go pro giggling like a school girl... hahaha

so is that some respect from the grip guys towards the serious drifters then????? :P

so she now has 1hp

Yeah ... but with a higher flowing filter, a 3" zorst, and tune, we could raise it to 1.3hp :P

p.s. Tracy just warned us to leave her horse alone :laugh:

i have u on go pro giggling like a school girl... hahaha

so is that some respect from the grip guys towards the serious drifters then????? :P

:rofl: I was wondering if that could be heard! Awesome :laugh:

I've always had respect for the pro's, I still can't believe the speed/ease that you handle the acc/handbrake/clutch to all come together like some type of symphony. It's f**king amazing. My old man asked me today how it went. I told him it was great and when I said I looked at the speedo prior to a corner and it read 180km/h only to be chucked sideways moments later, he just laughed and said I was crazy

Luke, you reckon you go into Turn 1 quicker than Simon would sideways? By eye the drift cars look like they go through most of the corners alot quicker.

EDIT*

I was pretty impressed at how hard people were going round 'Iron Chef Corner' and the straight following.

Luke, you reckon you go into Turn 1 quicker than Simon would sideways? By eye the drift cars look like they go through most of the corners alot quicker.

EDIT*

I was pretty impressed at how hard people were going round 'Iron Chef Corner' and the straight following.

Hard to tell really Jarrad.... I'm not really looking at my speedo when I enter Turn 1, it sure feels fast but I think the whole "holy shit I'm sideways doing this" may effect my judgement a little....

As for Iron Chef Corner, it's now also Craigs corner too; cheers for that bud :P