The Wasteland 2011 Edition

Nightcrawler

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so, i decided yesterday arvo itd be a great idea to go for a casual drive in the hills and see some mud

_IGP8870.JPG

was about time to get it dirty. came down the hill alright, followed the ruts. Then the challenge got set....get back UP

first up was the "steamroller"

_IGP8893.JPG

made it look easy as piss, but then again he does have a locker

Gus tried it out in the "Atari" Vitara. Got a respectable distance up but wasnt getting any further

_IGP8900.JPG

My turn.......like driving an RB20, flat to the boards, take no prisoners

_IGP8912.JPG

_IGP8914.JPG

_IGP8915.JPG

_IGP8917.JPG

_IGP8919.JPG

wasnt goin to let this hill beat me, so rolled back for another go

VID_STILL06.JPG

VID_STILL07.JPG

VID_STILL08.JPG

VID_STILL09.JPG

VID_STILL10.JPG

gave up, as i was getting stuck in the very last bit of the rut and risked burying my diff in if i tried with any speed

then the next guy attacks it.....gets to the same spot, but not to be beaten, moves one more rut to the right....shit tonne slipperier. Keeps going back for bites, until this

_IGP8959.JPG

_IGP8961.JPG

pics dont show it well, but it was super steep and slick as. Used the first truck's winch, only to find the "cheap chinese copy" of a good winch wasnt sufficient...the end of the wire thats meant to be secured to the drum was just floating............so once tension was on it wouldnt pull

Time to try mine out

_IGP8992.JPG

3 hours later, god knows how many different pull angles, my winch rope bunched up and snagged, so we were destined to use only snatch straps to get out........bit of panel damage on the Maverick where it snagged on the tree on the low side, but we all got out

Now to clean all the "gorilla snot" off :rofl:

Scandy......think i need a new sig pic now :P

How'd u get them?

Ticketmaster had a limited offer on free tickets today, just had to pay $5 for a car park.

Can't wait. gonna cruise over with a small convoy of imports!