SAU Community

The Wasteland 2011 Edition

Nightcrawler

Just finalised and paid for my new turbo.

Now the waiting game begins. Should arrive on my doorstep in somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks time.

With paypals shitful exchange rate it ended up being just over $1700 delivered... Being different is expensive. Plus side, that's still about $600 cheaper than *any* local distributor could do for me.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

soooooo today ends a week and a bit of fitting parts and getting the car tuned. Ran into plenty of issues along the way (injectors missing o-rings, z32 wiring was backwards, fuel lines backwards).

so after a long week some people to thank.

AM Performance; Custom dump pipe and intake. sounds sexual and clearly makes the power

Willall; If you have a modified car, specifically if it has a RB there is no other place i would take my car. They help troubleshoot the issues along the way and were a massive wealth of knowledge. The car drives fantastically, AFR's are beautifully done, makes great power (alot more than we were expecting). If you have a skyline, make sure you pay them a visit. world class workshop right on your doorstep, dont beleive me go and have a look. Chat to Martin and Gareth and im sure youll agree. Prices are more than reasonable too, youll be over the moon as i am.

Willall + AM Performance :worship:

nice one Josh power figure?

Brendan keep your chin up man, maybe give Job a read a man who lost everything and kept his chin up, and eyes focused on God, start with the chin up for now ;)

soooooo today ends a week and a bit of fitting parts and getting the car tuned. Ran into plenty of issues along the way (injectors missing o-rings, z32 wiring was backwards, fuel lines backwards).

so after a long week some people to thank.

AM Performance; Custom dump pipe and intake. sounds sexual and clearly makes the power

Willall; If you have a modified car, specifically if it has a RB there is no other place i would take my car. They help troubleshoot the issues along the way and were a massive wealth of knowledge. The car drives fantastically, AFR's are beautifully done, makes great power (alot more than we were expecting). If you have a skyline, make sure you pay them a visit. world class workshop right on your doorstep, dont beleive me go and have a look. Chat to Martin and Gareth and im sure youll agree. Prices are more than reasonable too, youll be over the moon as i am.

Willall + AM Performance :worship:

Thankfully it's all over with now eh? I'm still laughing about your traction "issues" in all gears "laugh"

270rwkw steve :thumbsup:

Thats precisely what I'm running, could you either pm me ur setup or list it here? I'm keen to know what other gear people are running

Is there much overhead for more power or are u aiming for response? I am... tho it seems the N1's don't breathe as well as 2860-5's so I think thats what I'll put there once I do the bottom end (2 yrs time)

-D

no convincing needed Josh its just fundage

the only part i have to the more boost and power equation is the Z32 happily breathing on Roo's setup atm

no point having 2 turbo and having less power than that :nyaanyaa:

true. but the response i have atm is wicked - really dont want to lose it for the sake of a number

-D

Sure you do.

With my new turbo I'm expecting response similar to a JDM S14 turbo and power getting pretty close to what Josh is currently making.

i dunno eh, these buggers spool from 3k and im getting 275kw/420nm torque at the wheels.... some fine tuning to the boost controller remains as well as cam gears but eh, its more than enough for a non-rambo daily driver like me

I'd like to compare his powercurve to mine. Single vs double with only 100cc engine capacity difference. Would be interesting...

-D