SAU Community

Car Pulsating?

radford23

my car is pulsating like a heart beat why?? my friend thinks its a sticky throttle body?

HELP???

its a 2000 nissan skyline gt25 auto, rb25de motor all stock recently imported.

Edited by radford23

my car is pulsating like a heart beat why?? my friend thinks its a sticky throttle body?

HELP???

its a 2000 nissan skyline gt25 auto, rb25de motor all stock recently imported.

Perhaps there may be a fair bit of gunk on the throttle body which can cause the car to run rough. There's a million reasons the car could be running rough so any other info you can give us about the problem would be helpful. Could also be a torque converter issue, if the torque converter is on its way out then that can cause a pulsating sort of noise. How many km's has the car done?

well in netural it feels like a heart beat, and when driving, put the foot down to accerlate it pulsates a little then kicks in went to the mechanic, and he said it sounds like dirty fuel injectors so i went and baught some nulon fuel injector cleaner so ill put that in tonight and see how that goes maybe?

The car has done 71,00 ks

well in netural it feels like a heart beat, and when driving, put the foot down to accerlate it pulsates a little then kicks in went to the mechanic, and he said it sounds like dirty fuel injectors so i went and baught some nulon fuel injector cleaner so ill put that in tonight and see how that goes maybe?

The car has done 71,00 ks

If you've got a workshop manual for the car I would recommend looking up taking off the throttle body and give a good clean with some carby cleaner. If the injectors are causing it to run rough that badly injector cleaner may not be enough to fix the problem, you might have to take them to get professionally cleaned. To be honest with you I would clean the throttle body first anyway, it doesnt cost much money for some carby cleaner and only takes a couple of hours. Could save you some money on getting injectors cleaned when you dont have to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok its the ignition changed spark plugs but need new coils there miss firing :/ anyone wanna sell me some?

heyim having the sAme problem. did your car happen to backfir as well? and howd you know it was the coils?

• 3 weeks later...

I would clean the throttle body first anyway, it doesnt cost much money for some carby cleaner and only takes a couple of hours.

it takes like 5-10 mins to do a thorough TB clean. lol could do a clutch in a couple of hours huhuuhu

Edited by smokey32