SAU Community

Do You Wave Back?

When kids recognise and then admire the car you have...

do you wave back?

My peripheral vision isn't as good as it used to be, and my wife tells me if someone has waved at me.

I tell her - lol - it's not me: it's the car.

And then I thought...

when I was 22 and sat next to a G/F who had a Charger > kids would stick up a "V" sign with their fingers and yell out "CHARGER" in response to a very successful TV Ad campaign.

So since PS games promote certain Skylines...

and kids wave at you 'er your car (like they did to-day)...

do you wave back? :action-smiley-069:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stare back at them until they bow their heads in acknowledgement of their inferiority (not owning a skyline). :P

yeah if someone waves I wave back. I even pass a guy in a Silvia most days and wave at him too (sympathy wave, at least it's a nissan :rofl2: )

:action-smiley-069:

If you get a wave it's kinda rude not to wave back imo. If they're really young and overly excited by the car (kids love my bright yellow, kitted Supra) I might give it a quick rev or something for them, nothing major.

Always funny when you see little kids tugging at their dad's arm "Dad, look at that car!" only to have them turn and glare at you like a P plater in a "sports" car is putting their kids in danger.

Always funny when you see little kids tugging at their dad's arm "Dad, look at that car!" only to have them turn and glare at you like a P plater in a "sports" car is putting their kids in danger.

agreed this is funny!!

i always wave back unless i dont see them :(

but when im driving im normally the first one to wave at another driver and most of the time they just ignore back :(

i always wave back unless i dont see them :(

but when im driving im normally the first one to wave at another driver and most of the time they just ignore back :(

Problem I have with waving at Skylines (mainly P plate ones) if they tend to think that because you've acknowledged them its an indication you want to race. I'll wave at on coming ones if its a single lane road, but I try to ignore the ones that come up beside me.

Yeah I wave.

I think its important to appreciate and foster enthusiasm respect and interest in cars of all types as that sort of thing is what will be beneficial to the community.

Although once saw a little kid by the side of the road who said "WOW I wonder what engine is it that car" haha.

Another time I was at a set of traffic lights a little boy said "Nice car, make it skid"

So I flipped it into RWD and left black lines for 100m LOL should of seen the look on his face.

Just all part of my hearts and minds campaign LOL !

Yeah I wave.

I think its important to appreciate and foster enthusiasm respect and interest in cars of all types as that sort of thing is what will be beneficial to the community.

Although once saw a little kid by the side of the road who said "WOW I wonder what engine is it that car" haha.

Another time I was at a set of traffic lights a little boy said "Nice car, make it skid"

So I flipped it into RWD and left black lines for 100m LOL should of seen the look on his face.

Just all part of my hearts and minds campaign LOL !

You naughty hoon! ;)

Yea when I had my 33 gtst was always the envy of other p-platers, I'd always say yea its cool blah blah. Always reminded me of bruce almighty when he's in the Saleen S7 and he's like "yea it gets me from a to b" >_>

Nowadays though haven't had as much attention. black 32 gtr with the gtr badge taken off and totally messy and looks shit <_<

Always wave and rip it up for em. Be rude not to

That is what they want. Once had 2 kids about 7,15 and their dad standing at a corner giving the hand gestures for a burnout.

As said these guys now play games and see videos of similar cars to what we drive. I know the first time I saw and went in a skyline and most of us could. These guys will remember our cars like we once did most likely.

I wave back. It's surprising how many notice the car.

It's funny how recognizable a Skyline is to the general population. A LS1 on 20's with no springs is just another commodore to most, yet a skyline obviously has a significance and sort of reputation even for the non-enthusiasts, the externally stock 33 GTS still gets smiles and a wave/thumbs up.

What's disappointing is the "current" generation, ie the 15ish yo kids that have been poorly raised, recognize the car, and you get the "drop a skid you f**khead".

Or the "get a real car ya f**king fag**t" from the bronx-bred youths who's dream car is a maroon VN with straight pipes.

Society, I am dissapoint...

Haha I had a kid drooling over my old 32 when I dropped my sister off at school.

They couldn't get over the fact it was a 4 door haha. Took one of them or a spin

I normally wave back. I like to wave to other skylines but i never get a wave back :(

I always wave or give the thumbs up, but likewise, rarely get a wave back. Maybe the above wave=race thing scares them off?

I give people the nod or the wave whichever comes 1st.

What I like about imports is a lot of people have no idea what there looking at, ie some dumb trophy wife points out the import car only to have her husband scoffing behind the wheel of his merc/whatever.

Kids are funny too, had some pull up next to me once asking me to turn up my music and other silly questions, mother was pretty cool about it was kinda expecting the hoon scenario...

There always seems to be a pattern when pulling up next to certain makes of cars (Lancers, Civics, excel's, pulsars, swifts, older fords/commodores) who have "P" plates on... Rather than a wave from the other driver it's always a "rev" the engine brah, or they pretend to make BOV noises........ or try to race.

Starts to get on your nerves after a while when all you want to do is enjoy a drive in the line...

Other than that, yea, I wave to the majority of drivers who keep a clean respectable ride (can be any make, model that appeals to my eye) doesn't have to be another line.

i always wave and expect the same back.

if a wave isnt returned i race after them and veer dangerously at them and brake tap them till they finally wave back.

lol

Just a look will do! What's wrong with ya?

How about the 6th Sense? Try it! At the lights, just stare at them! They do get the message don't they??????????

(PS Dave, they're just envious of the line ie bullies = cowards)

A smile and wave from the driver of a car that someone really likes can brighten up someones day.

I was pissed at this jacked up pickup truck once that cut me off, then saw a maserati gran turismo with an elderly man driving, he gave me a smile and thumbs up...that made my day