SAU Community

Do You Wave Back?

I always rock out a massive thumbs up if I see a Skyline of any kind most recent example was on the long weekend near the hospital at Fox Valley Road - thumbs up to a white R34 GTT who managed to get his window down and return a big thumbs up as he drove off. Nice.

If we are stationary in traffic I might even attempt a short conversation e.g. with the bloke in the R35 in Chatswood the other week I politely asked him if he wanted to swap.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh - how come that's not well known?

I certainly don't expect you - our friendly copper - to change the law; but it would certainly help goodwill between the public and the force if it was publicised that the police are not only required to be able to use the radio whilst driving, but also the mobile.

http://www.legislati...00+0+N?tocnav=y

For those who can't be bothered clicking: "The driver of a vehicle (except an emergency vehicle or police vehicle) must not use a mobile phone that the driver is holding in his or her hand while the vehicle is moving, or is stationary but not parked, unless the driver is exempt from this rule under another law of this jurisdiction."

Not sure why it's not commonly known. I find people just come to their own conclusion to which they think is logical.. this appears to be common. Your rights and Police powers are all available for the public to read. Whilst of course it's not expected you memorise every rule, my point is if anyone is interested, it's there for you to read.

Just to give a random example. HWP Police are REQUIRED by legislation to tell you that the conversation is being recorded both visually and with audio. That's why they tell you this almost immediately when you are pulled over, they don't just do it to be polite. :P

Edited by RB25PWR