SAU Community

Help Me Pick A Bunkie Car!

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

those are aight in blaaack

too freaking modern man, i think you should go old school with me next time!

For now ... we're gay :D

civics were amazingly modern even in the old days though .. a/c and whatnot when corollas didnt have em

That civic is nice looking for the price. Looks more like a reasonable daily than a bunkie though- im with jonno, i say go old school man!

As far as an immobiliser goes man, my old boy used to rig up a relay switch to my parker lights so it wouldnt go without the lights on. Was quite funny cause i used to forget to tell friends/mechanics etc they would be trying for ages before they called me lol. Simple as design, but it was cheap and easy (for him haha)

Old skool is kool ... I cant figure how to live without a/c though ..

in winter = foggy windows without a/c, in summer = smelly due to armpits

hahah that would be more convenient than those damn stick it in every time you drive designs ..

$145 from an RAC approved dude who will come to me I think I got an alright deal .. bit strange paying almost 1/4 of my car's value for an immobiliser though

and I still need to find a second hand excel haynes manual!

Ahh, if i ever find one ill buy it NOW and sell the sexcel asap! :D

1991 Corollas/holden novas didnt even have aircon .. i was rather shocked at that

Hahah Yeah true that James its actually about 190 for the remotes ... but that 45 could be spent elsewhere! plus im not planning to keep the car toooo long

Sent the sexcel into K mart auto service - THEY GIVE FREE VEHICLE INSPECTIONS

i now have a list of whats wrong with it ..

Rear Brakes require replacing (the shoes)

Brake + clutch fluid require replacing

Air + fuel filter requite replacing

R/H outer CV Joint requires replacing

coolant hoses and possible bottom pipe require replacing

cat requires replacing - broken inside

shocks + sway bar bushes require replacing

exhaust manifold leaking - possibly cracked

windscreen washers not working + wiper arms require replacing

small oil leaks

front wheel bearings require replacing

Dont think theres anything too bad!

Sent the sexcel into K mart auto service - THEY GIVE FREE VEHICLE INSPECTIONS

i now have a list of whats wrong with it ..

Rear Brakes require replacing (the shoes)

Brake + clutch fluid require replacing

Air + fuel filter requite replacing

R/H outer CV Joint requires replacing

coolant hoses and possible bottom pipe require replacing

cat requires replacing - broken inside

shocks + sway bar bushes require replacing

exhaust manifold leaking - possibly cracked

windscreen washers not working + wiper arms require replacing

small oil leaks

front wheel bearings require replacing

Dont think theres anything too bad!

Doesnt sound too bad to me mate! Sure the list is quite long, and there will be some time involved, but hey- thats what the bunkie is for! Definitely learn some much needed hands on knowledge along the way!! Most of that list is composed of very cheap parts, and some i wouldnt bother with (cough cough- cat) TBH i would be suprised if the Mrs daily vx commodore came out with a list that looked better than that..

Yea the guys at K mart said the ones I should work on first are the front wheel bearings, brakes, and the brake/clutch fluid flush + replace

most of the problems arent major ..

I picked up the Haynes manual, will get to work on the car asap after exams are done .. or maybe even before thumbsup.gif

Just need tools and stuff first (NO MORE MONEY)

btw they had a cool program ..

vehiclevisuals.net.au

just checked its 440 a year :(

but it had some really good animations etc

Edited by Jonno34

Yea the guys at K mart said the ones I should work on first are the front wheel bearings, brakes, and the brake/clutch fluid flush + replace

most of the problems arent major ..

I picked up the Haynes manual, will get to work on the car asap after exams are done .. or maybe even before thumbsup.gif

Just need tools and stuff first (NO MORE MONEY)

btw they had a cool program ..

vehiclevisuals.net.au

just checked its 440 a year :(

but it had some really good animations etc

definitely agree with the kmart blokes there.. bearings and brakes are going to get dangerous if not attended to at some point, and i would suggest replacing the radiator hoses that are worn, as its never fun to overheat thumbsup.gif But otherwise things like exhaust manifold are just going to make it sound 'ticky'

As far as tools, maybe you can get some help of a friend/family member in the meantime until you get stocked up!

I can probably afford the basic tools (axle stands + jack) ... but dont really want to stinge on em

might just rent out m'mates place - about 55 bucks for the first hour and the rates go down from there until I can afford some good tools

family doesnt have much in the way of tools .. and garage doesnt have much in the way of space plus i live on a hill lol

but ill do what i can thumbsup.gif

ive never heard of a brake "Shoe" before ...

freakin exams, i wanna get started already hahah

I can probably afford the basic tools (axle stands + jack) ... but dont really want to stinge on em

might just rent out m'mates place - about 55 bucks for the first hour and the rates go down from there until I can afford some good tools

family doesnt have much in the way of tools .. and garage doesnt have much in the way of space plus i live on a hill lol

but ill do what i can thumbsup.gif

ive never heard of a brake "Shoe" before ...

freakin exams, i wanna get started already hahah

Sounds like a plan mate!cheers.gif As far as a brake shoe goes it is just the pad set up in a drum brake.