SAU Community

Hoon Laws

R TUNE

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesnt change anything..

so if you get impounded go to court and win, as in no charges laid in relation to 'hooning' how can you not be refunded for the impound? Legally you must be as the police acted outside the law in impounding you in the first place?

edit apparently any costs you have incurred get refunded if found not guilty.

http://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/cl.road_to_court.pdf

Well I got charged with careless driving, failure to do a hook turn, dangerous driving and losing traction of one or more wheels. The traction charge is the only one that warrants an impound and that got dropped along with dangerous driving and only got charged with and pleaded guilty to careless and hook turn which both don't warrant my car to be impounded. And I didn't get a refund from the towing or impound.

:O

Vic police chief Simon Overland quits

Victoria's police chief Simon Overland has resigned, after a report blamed him for releasing misleading crime statistics.

lol

If only Ken Lay would man up and do the same thing. His own road negligence cost a life of a fellow officer in the 70s, but of course he 'forgot' due to trauma... what actually happened in the accident he was solely responsible for.

If he wasn't part of the force he'd have a criminal record.

Fken load of shit the Victorian Police administration, most of it caused by Bracks of course.

^ so you can be doing 5km/h over and they say you also did skids, impound your car, get to court they drop the skids but still get you for 5 over and you can't fight it because you were speeding? No logic in that

July 1 this year apparently. f**king baillieu, responding to a single case of idiocy with a hamfisted legislation...

lol i met this guy the other day hanging at the petrol station drinking like bogans with his friends.

it was funny cause he told us about the situation and then said to us "dont overload, its not worth it" (us on red p's 1 extra passenger).

apparently he cant get his licence till his 25 or sumps

things like these make me consider going back to a Honda.

I hear you brotha! I went Honda euro luxury. If i cant have speed ill have luxury at LEAST since its near impossible to have a jap turbo as daily.

I think if you just drive normally and dont do stupid stuff on the road you wont have a problem.

One thing that worries me is stuff like loosing traction when you cant help it ie tram tracks or shitty roads, I remember a few years ago in my ae86 at knox taking of from the lights on stud road and I couldnt get traction no matter what i did, was a combination of shitty worn to a shine road and rubbish tyres and wet conditions, if they can pin you for something so little its just gotten stupid, theres a huge difference between doing a burnout and 1 second of spinning wheels.

What I really steuggle to understand is why VIC has taken this nanny approach, I dont see what there trying to achieve. People are going to do stupid stuff on the road no matter what the law is, punishing you so harshly for very minor things is really over the top. Have a look at China's road toll, makes ours look like nothing.

I think if you just drive normally and dont do stupid stuff on the road you wont have a problem.

:no: lol yeah works well in theory til ya get a dick cop who wants to take his bad day out on someone

Thought i would bump this just to be clear that the new laws started on the 1st of july THIS YEAR!

http://www.vicpolice...r-new-laws.html

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/more-news/7281-tow-truck-overload.html

I also know that a white with number plate RHCXXX was impounded last night under the hoon laws, any one here?

Edited by W0rp3D

Quote "In Oakleigh, a burnout left more than just rubber on the road for a 19-year-old female from Maryknoll.

Her keys were left with a tow truck when she was caught in the early hours of the morning on Warrigal Road."

I think i saw this one friday night, i was parked in front of kfc, when whoever was driving failed to spin the wheels while doing a u-turn and lost it! fail!!

(i rekon other sau peeps saw this happen on friday night, saw a couple around that area, and also the ute losing it and crossing up towards the petrol station, didnt get caught but)

Why is the English in people's posts becoming very hard to understand :S

Yes, The hoon laws are annoying,

Yes, Innocent drivers are been tarred with the same brush of hoons and being punished,

No, we cant change the laws.

But lets be realistic, We don't drive skylines for the ride comfort......

Just be sensible, especially in built up areas.

Edited by SKYL1N

Ok sure, but under these laws if a cop is having a bad day and you rev your engine too hard, you can have your car impounded for 30days, $500-$1000 of fees plus any fines you receive and maybe a defect / EPA.

That's a little ridiculous, even for the nanny state.

I can see these laws encouraging people to run more than pullover, especially beyond the 1st offense.

What's the process if someone calls the hoon hotline and reports someone?

Consider the implications if someone is reported for doing nothing wrong at all? Eg: disgruntled partner, unhappy neighbour, etc...

Can the authorities act on a phone call?