SAU Community

My First 'time Attack'

kymbo

Did my first Time Attack last Friday (27th May at Queensland Raceway) and had the best time I have EVER had in a car!

I can see how easy it is to be addicted to this sport.

Since it was my first time, they slotted me in with a comfortable group. Problem was though, my R35 was overtaking everything. Did a 57.55.

Then, I got slotted up to the second fastest group. Same problem, passing everything and even with traffic did a 56.55.

I then got slotted into the fastest 'race' group. I thought wow, now I can really cut loose.

Anyway, I was going around, still passing a couple of cars. But the traction control kept cutting in. By the time I realised I had forgotten to turn on the 3 VDC race modes, it was all over and I only did a 58. Well, there is always next time! I feel a 55 should be possible?

There is definetly no better or safer environment to really experience what our cars can do, so I recommend it to anyone with a passion for going fast.

I also must thank Mark/Handbrake, who allowed me to find out what it is like to race on slicks. His new car is not ready yet, so on very short notice (day before) he kindly offered me the use of his rims and slicks. For that I am very grateful, because the day would not have been anywhere near as much fun on the street tyres. Thanks again Mark!action-smiley-069.gif

I'm hooked, so now I better buy some rims and slicks!

Kymbo

Edited by kymbo

Glad to hear you had a good day kymbo. Those times are fantastic. Hope to see you out there soon. We are hoping to make the Thursday July 7 ruzic day, would be good to catch up then if you can make it

Glad to hear you had a good day kymbo. Those times are fantastic. Hope to see you out there soon. We are hoping to make the Thursday July 7 ruzic day, would be good to catch up then if you can make it

Hi Mark

Thanks for that. Would love to catch up.

Is the 7th at QR or Lakeside?

QR is a YES, Lakeside is a NO.

I did Lakeside many years back and found it has ZERO tolerance for error. I need my car in one piece for the daily commute to the officewacko.gif

Will your car be ready by the 7th of July???

I will definitely be attending everything at QR or any other track that has the concrete barriers set well back from the track!

Maybe Paul Ruzic could organise Morgan Park instead of Lakeside (wishful thinking on my part).

See you soon.

And again, a Very Big Thanks for the use of the wheels!

Kym