SAU Community

Apexi Turbo Kit

Hi guys has anyone heard of the Apexi RX6A Turbo Kit for RB25

came as complete kit for the rb25 or 26, turbo was IHI RX6A-76 here is the link it looks like a interesting bit of kit with everything you need.

i'v tried searching here and the net but not much specific info comes up for the rb25, does anyone know how much power these would make at the wheels?

Thanks guys

The rear housing doesn't look to big or the Front compressor wheel is huge lol. If you can find some turbo compressor maps shouldn't be a problem to calculate how much power you can get.

RX6 turbos are awesome.

were based off Honda's F1 turbo engines and were the best around back in the early 90s.

the A-76 should be good for a tad over 300rwkw, would make a fair bit more with a larger turbine hosuing and a heap of boost.

• 2 weeks later...

i bought the kit, i would always see people sell there setups and end up missing out so i just bought it now my bank balance will need 6 months to recover, the turbo has some minor damage to the compressor housing but im pretty impressed with it as will all the jap brand items when they say bolt on or kit you get everything you need down to the washers if only they could produce something like this locally it would be awesome, the manifold has the t28 flange on it which means im stuck on turbo selection , any you guys know where i can source a larger rear housing to suit im hoping to run a solid 350rwkw if i can find a larger rear housing? i have to throw some pictures up when i get it.

Edited by Greekos

killer kits, i sold one years ago and it ended up on the jms drift car which was then rebuilt by mark phillips and used in da, big power and with the right housing super responsive BUT i sold the last remaining NEW housing from japan to mark about 4 years back so there would be little chance of chasing a new one nowadays. Run it as is from the pics it looks to be one of the smaller ones anyway so... yeah bolt it on or sell it to me. This and the blitz k5 are my two favorite turbos.