SAU Community

Rb20Det Motor, Metal Headgasket, Complete

I have an rb20det motor, complete. Over $5000 in receipts for engine work by previous owner, has metal headgasket.

comes with stock turbo, computer

needs new exhaust manifold studs.

$500 as is

or $600 with exhaust studs repaired

newcastle, nsw

cameron

obviously there was more work then that done joel.

we charge a minimum of $1000 to remove and replace an engine at my work so you can see how quickly costs add up when you include the labour involved in pulling the engine down, machining head, fitting full VRS kit among other parts, including head service, sourcing and buying second hand head.

the previous owner was not ripped off, if you actually read the receipts which will come with motor.

whats with everyone talking about the receipts that came with the motor i have?

wouldnt buy u parts and labour to build a forged motor buddy!!!! it might buy u a second hand forged motor, or just the parts.

i just rebuilt an ej25 with all standard parts. and the bill was $6000.

seems to be a lot of people on here with no idea!

Or instead of expressing your silly opinions just reply to the fs advert like a normal person. If there is something you are not sure about just ask the seller, there is no need to be dicks and leave stupid coments. Like the guy said : remove and strip engine, source new head, machine said new head, buy gasket, fit, head service, put engine together and back into vehicle. Now run your own business paying staff, over heads and not doing it on the cheap and nasty and come up with a better price. The reciepts are there AS receipts, if the guy who was paying thought he was being ripped do you think maybe he would have questioned them?? Sounds like a good deal to me.

Good luck with the sale Cameron.

obviously there was more work then that done joel.

we charge a minimum of $1000 to remove and replace an engine at my work so you can see how quickly costs add up when you include the labour involved in pulling the engine down, machining head, fitting full VRS kit among other parts, including head service, sourcing and buying second hand head.

the previous owner was not ripped off, if you actually read the receipts which will come with motor.

$1000 dollars to remove an entire engine to replace a head? Why did the engine need to be pulled? $5000 to fit a reco head is ridiculous, especially for an rb20.

And then sell it for $500. Definately sounds like someone got ripped.

Edited by boostin31

Thanks for the decent input brad. Cheers.

I work in a small mechanical establishment and i know that for the work done, the previous owner was not overhcagred, not that it has anything to do with the sale of my motor anyway!!

Im not sure on the km/s on motor but i believe it to be around 130k from odometer records.

I have not compression tested, with a gt3540 turbo the motor was making 240kw, i have dynos sheets for that. so it must be reasonably healthy to pull good numbers.

I can send pictures via text, so if you give me your number i will send you some

$1000 dollars to remove an entire engine to replace a head? Why did the engine need to be pulled? $5000 to fit a reco head is ridiculous, especially for an rb20.

And then sell it for $500. Definately sounds like someone got ripped.

and sounds to me as someone is making a fool of themselves as they dont know what theyre on about!!!!!!!

im selling motor for $500 as thats a good price to get rid of the motor, i have sold rb20's before at this price, it cost me nothing to get as it came to me as part of a deal.

so please gtfo out of my thread as ur useless comments arent wanted by anyone here with any idea

dead set, you just cant help dumb!

get the f**k out of the thread cos your comments have nothing to do with the sale of the motor, if you wanna whinge about someones turbo choices f**k off to the members rides section!

so what? dont buy it then!

you will find out the details of the receipts if you take a "serious" interest in buying the motor not making smart arse comments in the thread.

now piss off!

Thanks for the decent input brad. Cheers.

I work in a small mechanical establishment and i know that for the work done, the previous owner was not overhcagred, not that it has anything to do with the sale of my motor anyway!!

Im not sure on the km/s on motor but i believe it to be around 130k from odometer records.

I have not compression tested, with a gt3540 turbo the motor was making 240kw, i have dynos sheets for that. so it must be reasonably healthy to pull good numbers.

I can send pictures via text, so if you give me your number i will send you some

cheers