SAU Community

Where To Go From Here

Hi guys,

Im currently after some directions on where to go with my r33 rb25 , i bought the car about 5 months ago and now the power bug has bitten.

i have been reading around and have listed what im going to be doing next.

at the moment the car has the following mods:

PowerFC

3" turbo back exhaust

r34 Smic

Turbotech bleed valve

R32 GTR heavy duty clutch

Tein coilovers Type HA

My goal is to get the car close to what the interals can hold before i have to do a full engine rebuild so at the moment i have made a list of some things that i might need and may not and im after some guidance as to if i should ass something else or not.

Blitz Cs Fmic

Walbro fuel pump (still tossing up between walbro or bosch)

injectors(not sure if needed)

Greddy profec b 2

Hypergear pu highflow option thats good for 500hp

im aiming for 300rkw if that can be done on stock internals, if not then whatever has been proven save with stock internals is good enough i guess.

if there is something better or another way of doing it more cheaper id like you input

300rwkw is about the 'piece of string' mark for these motors, IMHO. They do it and are known to do it reliably, however it is at its fair limit for a reliable motor.

The above is a fair example for the feasible and reliable maximum to be expected from it. Beyond that there will be compromises where you need to pick two from the list (cheap, fast, reliable).

For myself redoing the RB25 story, I would have a Hypergear SS-1, fmic, TBE, bosch, injectors, z32 and ecu. Expect 250rwkw as a max and excellent torque/response.

no no no...

what you need is a HKS2835 PRoS with ceramic coated exhaust housing (while your there get the compressor housing coated in a funky colour too)

800cc plus injectors (enough room to run E85 when you want more power)

a Z32 AFM

a great boost controller, hell why not get the apexi boost controller for the PFC

get all that tuned for an awesomely responsive 275rwkw+ on 98 and 300+ on E85....

dont choose cheap

dont choose to look stock

just choose awesome

do your self a favour and give the car a compression test first i should of :(

Do this.

bosch pump, injectors 550cc or bigger. GT3071, FMIC, AFM and a tune.

tried, proven, reliable 270-280rwkw.

Then this, maybe GT3076R instead. That'll do 300 with its willy.

Do it all stock then when something goes, build up a beefy engine and do it more :D

I would honestly go with what R31Nismoid suggested and stick to around 270-280rwkw. Everyone I know of so far that has this type of power has done it reliably and mostly all daily driven.

Bosch 040 in-tank pump, larger FMIC, Z32 AFM, 600cc/min injectors, electronic boost controller, GT3071R or even GTX3071R plus a good tune (can't stress this enough). Once you are at this level you might want to start thinking about upgrading your clutch soon after as well if it's due. You can also do little things like ceramic coat your dump/front pipes and possibly even the turbo exhaust housing to keep the engine bay heat and exhaust temps in check and possibly gain slightly more torque/power. A good quality alloy radiator wouldn't be a bad idea as well.

That is just my preference. I prefer to take a more preventative approach to modifying nowadays as I've been through 3 engines and countless cooling and driveline issues with things breaking, overheating or wearing out etc etc so the way I see it is: it's better to be proactive rather than reactive once you start making decent power.

I would honestly go with what R31Nismoid suggested and stick to around 270-280rwkw. Everyone I know of so far that has this type of power has done it reliably and mostly all daily driven.

Bosch 040 in-tank pump, larger FMIC, Z32 AFM, 600cc/min injectors, electronic boost controller, GT3071R or even GTX3071R plus a good tune (can't stress this enough). Once you are at this level you might want to start thinking about upgrading your clutch soon after as well if it's due. You can also do little things like ceramic coat your dump/front pipes and possibly even the turbo exhaust housing to keep the engine bay heat and exhaust temps in check and possibly gain slightly more torque/power. A good quality alloy radiator wouldn't be a bad idea as well.

That is just my preference. I prefer to take a more preventative approach to modifying nowadays as I've been through 3 engines and countless cooling and driveline issues with things breaking, overheating or wearing out etc etc so the way I see it is: it's better to be proactive rather than reactive once you start making decent power.

yeah that is exactly how i am do it right and safe so it doesn't come back and bite me in the ass.

my cars off the road till next april so hopefully by next feb i can have everything ready to go in the car, im just not sure in what order to buy what.

so far i have got down on the list

blitz cs fmic kit

profec b 2

bosch 040

z32 afm

injectors

and the turbo

yeah that is exactly how i am do it right and safe so it doesn't come back and bite me in the ass.

my cars off the road till next april so hopefully by next feb i can have everything ready to go in the car, im just not sure in what order to buy what.

so far i have got down on the list

blitz cs fmic kit

profec b 2

bosch 040

z32 afm

injectors

and the turbo

Save up and get the most expensive things first then the cheaper items will seem like nothing when it comes time to purchase them. All depends on how much money you have or how quickly you can save. I normally save up the entire lot for all the parts needed then buy everything all at once to save on staggered delivery/waiting times and once I have everything sitting there I start saving again for the amount of labour it's gonna cost me to get everything done and tuned.

Get it to 270rwkw, it will feel like a new car.

Don't be sucked in to wanting high power figures for bragging rights or whatever-reliability is king

yeah im deff going with a reliable car so i guess its time to save for a turbo. im thinking the hks as its cheaper then a garret kit at the moment from the price checks i have done

iv been looking at either the gt3071 and gt3076 or a hyper gear PU high flow,

i think im leaning towards the gt3076 but im unsure if its the right decision.

i will be looking to rebuild the engine once something goes wrong and from what iv read the 3071 can do around 290 max if i wasn't reading bullshit.

what do you guys think would be a good turbo out of the 2?

both will be great , or you could go the new gtx3071 and have a bit of both worlds

there is a whole thread devoted to 3071 vs 3076 search and ye shall find..

bosch pump, injectors 550cc or bigger. GT3071, FMIC, AFM and a tune.

tried, proven, reliable 270-280rwkw.

I really dont know why you bother, i guess old habits die hard hey :)