SAU Community

Carrera Car Wash

vrm

Washing your car  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate washing my own car. Two particular so I end up spending 3 hours getting every inch glistening... usually causing more damage then good in the process. Right now it looks like a rally car so have been meaning to get it washed... may take this up.

Try to wash my car every weekend, but if it is raining, I leave it till next week and hope it ain't raining.

Same.

I wash my car properly (takes over 2 hours) each weekend. If it gets dusty during the week then I'll wash it a further 1 - 2 times at the carwash. Gets dust off but no chance of getting grime off.. Those things may aswell spray compressed air instead of soap/water.

2 hours? What on earth are you guys doing? :O

I can have my whole car washed (exterior) in around 15mins, 20mins if im being slow. 10mins to dry, 15-20 if im talking or on the phone.

Interior isn't much more than a wiper over of the dash, doors etc.

A good body detail, with good wax etc = cut times down MASSIVELY. I can almost wash my car just off a high pressure hose because of it, and im talking full brown dirt thats been there for 3-4 days :)

I wash mine once every few weeks.... depends on the weather. I just take it to one of those do it yourself carlovers places...And I use the brush!! hahaha. It's not a show car I don't car about small imperfections. On my previous car I waxed and polished it by hand wax every now and then to keep the black shiny.. Wax helps alot with the finish.

wash my car whenever it needs it really.. maybe once every 2 weeks

im lazy lately and normally go down to the apple peel carwash and pay for was wax and interior

did it today :P

2 hours? What on earth are you guys doing? :O

I can have my whole car washed (exterior) in around 15mins, 20mins if im being slow. 10mins to dry, 15-20 if im talking or on the phone.

Takes me a while to set up. Gotta unpack high pressure washer, hoses and I'm constantly running inside to fill up more buckets of water etc.

Pre-soak - One bucket worth of suds to go over the whole car and loosen up the dirt

Pre-rinse - Rinse off a majority of dirt, so it doesn't scratch the paint when I wash it

Wash - Go over the whole car with microfiber. 2 buckets: 1 soap, 1 water, rinsing any dirt off the towel to prevent scratching/swirl marks

Wheel wash - Use the leftover soap on a different cloth to clean wheels, exhaust and inside guards (if they're visibly dirty from outside)

Rinse - High pressure rinse

Dry - Chamois or microfiber dry the whole car (except wheels) and have a bucket of water ready to rinse towel if I go over any dirty bits I missed while washing

I then use a disposable cloth (got 1000s due to mum's work) to dry/clean the wheels coz they tend to be the dirtiest, getting into all the little grooves. Occasionally then I will use 'Purple' wheel polish on the chrome lip if they're looking dull/oxidized.

Wax - (Although lately I've been lazy and used a pH neutral shampoo/wax (all in one type thing) which negates this step)

After that I'll gloss up the tyres with some tyre shine and that's the exterior done. Including the setup/packup all that can take me over an hour if I take my time. It works for me and results are flawless.

Edited by jezza boii

I do much the same thing as Jeremy, however wax maybe every 4-6 months. The paste wax I use lasts for a long time.

I'm starting to cut down the time I spend spongebathing it though...it's just too much, and a waste of time. Whilst it's nice to have a car flawless on every panel...unless you're standing closer than a metre away, you won't notice the difference between that sort of job and one you've spent half the time washing less thoroughly. That and, give it half an hour, you already have your first dirt mark again. More frequent washes done in half the time is where it's at.