SAU Community

How And What To Polish Rocker Covers With

Did a quick search but didnt find what I was looking for.

My rocker covers have started to age a little and I am looking to polish them up to an extremely shiny standard. Any tips on what to use and how to use it. Not sure what they are made of? I assume stainless steel or aluminium/chrome. Any help would be greatly appreciated. So far I have tried Brasso and Silvo but didnt seem to make much of a difference

cheers

Luke

bunnings poslishing kit on a drill, is probably the cheapest way... if you have a bench grinder you could invest in some polishing or buffing wheels and some rouge...

google search works too...

you need to use a polishing rouge with some buffing wheels either on a drill on a bench grinder....

then to do the finishing polish or to keep them shiny use some autosol...

Having polished bits sucks though, cause you'll be forever polishing them... I did it once, never again powdercoat for everything now...

get them powdercoated, goto Hi-Octane website and check out there chrome colours if you want the polished look, that way you wont have to keep polishing them, you can just wash and dry like you do the rest of the car and they'll keep their shine...

+1 for powdercoating, polishing is for mugs.

Contact Craved on these forums, he has a million colours and I dare say will be a lot cheaper than what hi octane would charge.

He has done a LOT of work for me and I am very happy with it, I also wanted the polished/chrome look and Chris has so far coated my Plenum, Runners, Crossover pipe and a lot of IC piping and it looks really good.

If you want pics let me know

Id would love to see pics of your newly coated hardware....Im hoping to get time to pull off all of my newsetup to get it all coated now its sorted and tuned.

I know Craved's prices and results are great but the hi-Octane site does have some good examples of the colours that be done...

Just a shame Craved is so far away from me, I have to use the local guy up my way, still good results, but not as competitive on prices, the less travel makes up the difference Id hope...

Linky to my build thread here

I have to update it as I have since got the runners done and a few other things but it will give you an idea anyway. The crome type colour looks better in the flesh IMO, the camera dosent really do it justice.

I have many other pics at home and he is going to redo the red in a candy type colour as well.

He has more colours than I could list man. If you send him a PM he may have some pics of my other stuff, not sure.

FWIW all the standard Plenum and crossover pipe will be up for sale shorly if anyone is interested (New Plazmaman FTW)

He also does Ceramic Coating as well.

post-31195-0-14374100-1306891237_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Paint them with VHT "wrinkle plus" high temp paint or something, looks good and low maintanance, just clean them with a scouring pad and some degreaser, then wash with detergent, then when parts are dry clean surface with wax and grease remover.

Its quick and fairly cheap, 1 can will do 2 cam covers + other stuff so for around $30ish dollars its they way I went, although I went black as I was going for the "ANTI-BLING" look

linky thing > http://www.vhtpaint.com/engineenamel.html

Mark

Haha Mark I was looking at your ride the other day when it was unigroup. Yeah sure it's anti bling but the giveaway is the highmount and the lack of back seat ;) Nice ride man

Yeh Arthur got it ceramic coated, it was cheap but can't tell you the exact price as I got a heap of stuff do e at the same time and just handed Chris the money.

I don't even ask him how much something will cost anymore as I know he looks after the SAU people. I just turn up with a box of parts and tell him I'll see him next week lol