SAU Community

R34 Gtr Water Leak?!?!?

hey everyone,

looks like i have a water leak, i noticed it when my temp gauge started getting to 100 degree's on my drive home lol. Once the motor cooled down i checked my water level in the radiator which was very very low so anyway i looked under the car and noticed its dripping water somewhere on the back of the motor (still cant find it). its dripping onto the front pipe of the exhaust any ideas what it could be? maybe water pipe to the turbos? it looks like its coming from the turbo side of the engine.

any advice would be appreciated like always peeps :)

Regards,

Dom

I jacked the car up and found the leak, looks like its one of the fittings on a hard line feeding from the turbo into the block, hopefully the flare hasn't split and the fitting only needs tightening... crossing my fingers it doesn't get worse on my to get it fixed..

i had a similar prob on my s15. was a water leak but couldnt see anything in the driveway so it would only leak when driving.

result: turbo water line - the s/s manifold expanded and contracted on heat/cool and cracked the hard line.

fix: swapped for braided water line

do you have aftermarket manifolds?

anyways, goodluck with the problem. hope it all goes smooth

I had this problem like a month ago. Im near guarantee its one of the two small hoses (bout 4cm in length) at the back of the motor. You have to take the plenum off to get to it.

Heat the car up and get a torch or shine down the back of the motor and have a look if you can see where the water is comming out. If its one of those small hoses, replace both. You will need new throttle body gaskets and a new aac valve gasket. also get some hose clamps instead of the shitty ones that are on the std hoses.

Also doenlowd the inlet manifold page from the service manual. Its a bitch of a job.

I had this problem like a month ago. Im near guarantee its one of the two small hoses (bout 4cm in length) at the back of the motor. You have to take the plenum off to get to it.

Heat the car up and get a torch or shine down the back of the motor and have a look if you can see where the water is comming out. If its one of those small hoses, replace both. You will need new throttle body gaskets and a new aac valve gasket. also get some hose clamps instead of the shitty ones that are on the std hoses.

Also doenlowd the inlet manifold page from the service manual. Its a bitch of a job.

I have had the same lines fail on my car. It is possible to do them without the removal of the plenum.

I had as similar problem a few weeks back. Same drip location, but was a welsh plug right next to the turbo. Was a hard fix but sealed it with some aluminium cement until the motor comes out for a proper fix

Good luck hope its a easy fix

Finding leaks can be dam tricky sometimes. A leak thats up higher can convince you its actually leaking somewhere else in a difficult to repair spot.

I was convinced I had a hard line leak a few weeks ago too, till eventially the rubber hose that links the turbo coolant hard return lines back to the radiator top hose split and it became obvious where the leak was. I couldnt see it initially as the hose I am referring to is located under the air intake snorkel to the factory airbox.

The coolant leak was running from that hose, back along the pipe because the pipe is angled down towards the turbo.

I hope its an easy fix for you.

If you can do it with the plenum on then you are a god i swear lol.

You just remove the starter motor and do it from underneath. Easy.