SAU Community

June Photo Thread

GoldZilla

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the file location the URL or the HTML code that you can get...my files kept linking back to the sau main page...

I then tried to just upload the images but it only came up with little thumbnails... How do you make the preview thumbnail much bigger like everyone seems to do??

Hey guys.

Finally getting my car up after posting Terry's in the May thread...

5824261186_2aba2494a9_b.jpg

Love the night city shots from you guys. Here's one from me, I hate the grain in my night pics - this was taken at ISO 800. Not sure if it's my D70 (pretty old model now) or what?

5824293180_fcb1dff04b_b.jpg

Also - Sidd I thought the nude model shots were great - at least the thread is only locked but it's still there to appreciate...

800 iso for a night shot would give some noise in any long exposure...

Try lowering it down as far as possible i.e 200 and put it on a tripod to counteract the longer exposure. Will reduce the nosie dramatically.\

Josh

Edited by josh23457

Thanks Josh. Yeah exposure was about 16 seconds at f/18; it was on my tripod and there was a slight breeze but nothing that should have unsettled it; I thought I'd up the ISO to reduce my reliance on a longer exposure but guess I should have gone the other way. Cheers :)

Hey Guys,

Few images i took at my last meeting in between runs...it was my first attempt at panning so i would love some cc as i always like to improve...

Thanks

5713422396_007e56e275_z.jpg

DSC_0617.jpg by Joshua Fitt, on Flickr

5713408272_3c5cab445e_z.jpg

DSC_0414.jpg by Joshua Fitt, on Flickr

5713406396_d6840c78d6_z.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg by Joshua Fitt, on Flickr

5712844047_01ce6fe292_z.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg by Joshua Fitt, on Flickr

5712842289_05fb7b89e5_z.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg by Joshua Fitt, on Flickr

5712832305_e075450e61_z.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg by Joshua Fitt, on Flickr

5712836459_dde0745681_z.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg by Joshua Fitt, on Flickr

Loving that rig shot matt :)

Hopefully I should have my car ready in a months time for some pics!!

Wonder if you can mix a model shoot with a rig shot :P

Edited by siddr20

Thanks team!

Matt, the waterdrops certainly complicated things, but i like a challenge. I don't want to give to much away, but i had to paint half of nicks 'beautiful' mug back in haha.

Eddy, no Behind the scene shots were taken. Mine was on the rig, Nicks was in his boot :P Basically, the camera was stuck on a pole that was stuck on the roof of his car.

have you guys tried shooting during blue hour?

Sure have, and do, and always try to - and as already pointed out we call it the golden hour :)

6.jpg

Awesome pic Sidd

How on earth did you link your flickr images? I cant for the life of me work it out....

Looks like you found the "Grab BBC Code drop down" :thumbsup:

Finally getting my car up after posting Terry's in the May thread...

5824261186_2aba2494a9_b.jpg

Love the night city shots from you guys. Here's one from me, I hate the grain in my night pics - this was taken at ISO 800. Not sure if it's my D70 (pretty old model now) or what?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2802/5824293180_fcb1dff04b_b.jpg

Firstly awesome car mate! Secondly like Josh said try a low ISO like 100 or 200

(also f/18 wouldn't be very sharp either would it? could you open it up a little and still get the DoF you need?)

Hey Guys,

Few images i took at my last meeting in between runs...it was my first attempt at panning so i would love some cc as i always like to improve...

5712836459_dde0745681_z.jpg

Don't think you need CC! Love this last one

Bit of CC - IMO the 1st one doesn't work - would have been better with front (or whole car) in focus :)

Great shot Matt. Nick's Stag is looking tough there. Nice job placing the rig without there being a noticeable absence of water droplets either...

LOL, Matt (God-speed), we were lucky in that where we placed one of the suction caps for the rig was right in the wiper's sweep area, so less drops needed to be edited in/out.

Thanks team!

Matt, the waterdrops certainly complicated things, but i like a challenge. I don't want to give to much away, but i had to paint half of nicks 'beautiful' mug back in haha.

Eddy, no Behind the scene shots were taken. Mine was on the rig, Nicks was in his boot :P Basically, the camera was stuck on a pole that was stuck on the roof of his car.

Funnily enough, my car is very rarely clean for long, and almost never has been when we go out shooting (or for anything, actually, including the 2009 SnS), so I'm glad it doesn't show too much in these photos. :D Thanks again for doing these, Mr Everingham!LOL, Matt (God-speed), we were lucky in that where we placed one of the suction caps for the rig was right in the wiper's sweep area, so less drops needed to be edited in/out.

Hey Guys,

Thanks

5713408272_3c5cab445e_z.jpg

DSC_0414.jpg by Joshua Fitt, on Flickr

5713406396_d6840c78d6_z.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg by Joshua Fitt, on Flickr

5712832305_e075450e61_z.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg by Joshua Fitt, on Flickr

These three are my favourite, especially the side shot of both the GT3 RS and the Cayman! I have to agree with Zennon regarding the very first photo you posted, part of the car seems a bit out of focus - maybe a smaller aperture would work, I dunno.