SAU Community

June Photo Thread

GoldZilla

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha point and pray! You've got like 135 degrees of angle to play with don't you, so as long as it's semi accurate, you'll get the shot hopefully lol.

A couple random things from me.

5 minute impromptu shoot with a mates car. Didn't have any modifiers with me. Will shoot it again at a later date with more time hopefully :)

5799575319_e01ecd2d8b_b.jpg

Hey kory, I would love oto know what you did and your techniques for taking shot like this..absolutely love it..Thanks Heaps love your work

the shots you could get with an aquaone would make the initial expense worth it. but what an initial expense it is! i looked into cases for nikons and nearly died that the prices were near enough what the body was :O

awesome family shot there sidd! you certainly have a way with people and portraits.

I have always wanted to do underwater photography so one day will invest in a good case. The aquaone are about 1.8k US plus shipping. Have a feeling I will be taxed on it too at customs. But no way I can afford it right now. Perhaps end of year maybe.

Thanks for the kind words about the pics. Cheers jay :)

Stienway I feel that those pics are too dark. cant really see anything but the lights and the wheels.

not my cup of tea but im no expert. just my opinion.

Just one from me tonight... Busy little bumble bee. Shot it tonight, 20 minute clean/edit.

5808157314_5cf91e3774_b.jpg

Hey! That's what I see when I'm driving a 'Bumper Car' at a showground!

Srsly, Matt, Great shot with that rig + someone's knowhow!

Thanks Homeboys! It can't be to bad. Twas Explored on flickr :D 2nd shot to get explored. First one was Terry's rear end. Only found that out tonight while looking at stats. nice suprise!

Terry, You're locked in to see how big my rig is soon!

Hey Guys,

Massive thumbs up to everyone on here. Only happened to come accross this photography forum by chance! Cars and Photography are my 2 loves and yeah so happy i found this. Even went back as far as reading previous months topics haha!!!

Anyway i was goign to put some of my photos up but my flickr account has locked up when it tried to make me merge :( so waiting to get it all sorted out!!!!

In the mean time - I love this photo!!! Everytime i see this done i wonder how its done - car to share???

Just one from me tonight... Busy little bumble bee. Shot it tonight, 20 minute clean/edit.

5808157314_5cf91e3774_b.jpg

Redline Photography - That is light painting. Plenty of info out there on how to do it, everyones technique varies and what they use etc... but it's a lot of fun when you get to know what your doing! Black cars are extremely hard though so i will be keen to shoot that black car again to see what i can do. Hope this helps, let me know if it doesn't.

Josh - That's a rig shot. Shot with a boom hanging off the car. If you google rig shots, you will find out tonnes of info on it! The hardest part to get right is the boom and looks like Matt has got it right.

Hahahaha point and pray! You've got like 135 degrees of angle to play with don't you, so as long as it's semi accurate, you'll get the shot hopefully lol.

i thought this at first, and in general you are right, but... if you want shots with extreme "fisheye" curves then framing gets a bit trickier without a viewfinder. also getting up nice and close to subjects is a bit hit and miss, specialy if you want to use the curvature of the wide angle lens effectively. just my thoughts on it tho. some shots i wish i had tilted the cam just a few more degress to get better framing. i guess the more you use it the better you get at guessing what you will get.

Yep. what he said. it's a rig shot. basically you hang a pole off the car with a camera, move the car, shoot the car. it's quite a bit of work and if you want to do it right it gets exxy, but the results make it worth it :)

might have time tonight. been so busy man. haven't spent any time doing anything good for a few weeks GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

under the pump. will have a look tonight if i get the time.

2 more from me before i sign out for the weekend...

5817824462_872c89e185_b.jpg

and here's one for Sidd the Squid. should keep you happy.

5817189487_517dc70605_b.jpg

5 minute edit. anything looks good in b/w

Got out my photo gear and gave car photography a crack. First attempt at shooting cars.

5804246006_8d5c97a9d3.jpg

20110606-DSC_0139-Edit by Alexander Roe, on Flickr

5803688517_92f5db22cf.jpg

20110606-DSC_0184 by Alexander Roe, on Flickr

5803688225_6e5a3aa9af.jpg

20110606-DSC_0165-Edit by Alexander Roe, on Flickr

Hi,

How on earth did you link your flickr images? I cant for the life of me work it out....

Thanks