SAU Community

The Most Funniest Thing You Will Ever Hear ..........ever !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• It's worth looking at Neil's garage thread, he was super organised (as you'd expect). He had a simple bunnings narrow shelving rack with tubs, each tub numbered, each number had a manifest. Of course, only about half the parts had made it to that system, and he had random stuff from old projects like kawasaki triples and even a Bultaco (a wtf? I said). I really don't want to throw stuff like that because it is irreplaceable, but it's also hard to know who could use it without spending a heap of time I don't have on research. Not co-incidentally, I've recently decided to try and move on some parts too, either random non-skyline stuff like S13 axles or anything R32 that I had more than 2 spares of (yes, I have a lot of space and a lot of spares). Most of the stuff is on commercial racking which is too deep for practical use for loose spares. Where possible stuff is in plastic tubs (various sizes) to keep critters from eating them. The whole place is a disaster for the poor person who has to clean it out when I'm gone. For the R32 spares, I aim to have one ready to go spare (eg rebuilt gearbox, engine, driveshafts, hubs, control arms etc) and one ready to prep spare.  Even so I've ended up with lots of 3rd or more spares and I'd rather see someone else keep their car on the road. Also I've ended up with some interior stuff like boot trims and floor mats I'll never need. So, I'm about to re-enter the painful world of online selling. I'm not on facebook (and won't be) so that is not an option, I'll start a thread on here for R32 stuff and people who need something can find it. I don't really need to throw anything for space reasons, but I somehow doubt the Greddy Rebec III will be in high demand. Oh, and I've got heaps of bench space and heaps of racking.....but still the bench is covered in half done or about to start jobs, I really need to get it better under control but time is an issue
    • This is the current antenna, 4g bands are the ones I'm after, particularly the Telstra long range one which I think is 850Mhz? It has an SMA connector to a 3 way splitter, one runs to the Cel Fi and 2 to a USB 4g wifi stick The problem is not the antenna, the problem is that the V37 has a slightly smaller gap between the rear windshield and the body which prevents the line from being tucked away under it as it was in the Fuga. Therefore, I have about a meter of cable that I can't adequately secure running down the outside of the car to enter the boot....I figure I need to use a roof mount antenna instead and run the cable inside the car The other option I'll look at is removing the factory shark fin (which I assume is factory GPS, which is crap, I use TomTom app on my phone) and I'll bet there is already a hole in the roof under that I could use. Any alternative approach is very much welcome!
    • Hi everyone    any help? Revving upto 3k   Checked tps  0.48  &  Throttle working alright.   adjusted throttle bolt also   tried unplugging tps but still same   Nothing changed still revving same IMG_1261.mov
    • Thanks Komdotkom, I would take you up on that offer, but the cost of shipping to NZ would be horrible. 
    • So what I hear from Rob and Mark is, Matt needs to stay the hell away from your places when you choose to do cleanups, for fear my hoarding will get worse, as Ill likely find things to suit some of the projects I want to build... As for ditching stuff like Mark does, I wish I could do it so easily mate, but lots of my spares are for the R33 and I'm slightly attached to them...   However, I was staring at the pile of subs, 2 for the car, 2 for a home audio system and thinking I'll likely just ditch those... That's. A lot of space back...   I must hurry up and finish the Subaru, and then the skyline... That's probably get some space back...   But my main take away is, other than big plastic tubs, and some sort of categorising what you have in each, no one has found a good solution, that takes up the minimal amount of space possible?   And Rob, I've been wanting a mezzanine, and have been tempted to put one in, but I'm borderline not enough height, and secondly, I hate heights! (No good spot for stairs, so it'd either be fold up stairs, or a ladder, of which I hate ladders and can't carry the bigger stuff up).