SAU Community

"they Are Everywere Atm"

fog lights on

that's one fine I 100% agree with.

learn to work a switch. same goes for the ultrabright fog brake light. if it's not foggy, turn it off. it dazzles other drivers.

just waiting for someone to come in whinging that their illegal HID bulb conversion got them a fine..

This weekend with the blitz they really have gone all out. On a 20 minute drive i saw 8 cops driving.

Then i saw a defect station on Maroondah highway with at least 20-30 cops. Was quite funny, there was a group of 5 cops gathered around a Commodore with 20 inch chromies on the front and stockies on the rear, can just imagine the stuff he would get done for.

So glad i took the barina and not the skyline that day ahaha.

yeah theres alot of new cops in melbourne trying to justify their exsistence and apparently all the criminals are on the road.

Meanwhile bodies are floating down the Yarra

maybe WA cops aren't as bad yet though?

I'll say this.

Last time I got pulled over for speeding on the country roads, the cop just gave me the speeding ticket & left it at that.

Meanwhile I had a SAFC 2 in plain sight, 2 gauges mounted on the dash with double sided tape & a 3rd gauge drilled on to the A-pillar, which he didn't comment on at all. I would image the Vic police would be pulling out their defect booklet by now.

More importantly, my horn didn't work, which he just said to get it fix ASAP & left it at that.

Yeap I've had a ton of very reasonable fair minded cops in Perth ..

My dad was driving to the airport speeding a good 20kms over since we were late due to a road closure ... cop pulled us over, we explained why and he said dw go catch ur flight

Unfortunately for WA .. judging from the people from my highschool who went to try n become cops

WE'RE DOOMED

Gazilla

haha... Ill be owning a SS very soon.. it will be funny when all the Skyline boys pull up next to me and pull away really slowly, suspecting Im a cop!

like me, you......you....bastard.

Gazza

haha... Ill be owning a SS very soon.. it will be funny when all the Skyline boys pull up next to me and pull away really slowly, suspecting Im a cop!

You bastard, i would so be one of those chumps, my eyes darting eagerly to your dash as i pass you looking desperately for any sign of radar/cop equipment...

one of the reasons i could never drive an SS/XR6 etc, i know im missing out but would just hate to see oncoming drivers hitting the anchors as i come over a rise just because..

oh and lol at above post, knew the biggest dropkick in highschool and later another at SES...both became cops :closedeyes:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• FWIW, I've always found Toyota A/Cs to be much colder than Nissan ones. Even that 2024 Nissan X-Trail (that VW Australia lent to me), the A/C isn't as cold as other base model Toyota Corollas/Camrys, etc. Maybe Toyota A/C compressors are superior? 
    • Hurry while stocks last! 🤣 13% points redemption on this $6000 Mont Blanc "James Dean" ballpoint pen at Yodobashi Camera in Umeda, Osaka
    • It's not that at all....I just love the R chassis too much to keep racing it! Absolutely impossible to fix the damn thing if I bend it.... That last off I had (when I neglected to do what Kel said), we removed a gum tree with the side of the boot....needed a new rear quarter, boot lid, floor straighten, rear bar, front bar, both front guards, radiator, bov return and I still haven't got it back for a proper alignment to check it is actually straight again). There are just too many ways in tarmac rally to do significant damage to a car that you can't really get parts for.
    • Now I'd said earlier I'd checked the fuses, and per @Stick180's suggestion I checked them all again. The check was to use the multimeter in continuity mode on the top of each fuse where the little metal tabs are available for that purpose. All good....except that very "A/T Control" fuse was actually blown when I pulled it out and looked at it. Put it back in, tested it again, there is continuity to both sides even though the fuse is blown. I'll need someone smarter than me, but my suspicion is that I was getting a circuit through a power supply, through an incandescent globe somewhere, to earth, to the shorted wire and back to the other side of the fuse, making it look like the fuse was OK when it wasn't....please anyone that understands this f**kery explain it to me. Bottom line....that suspicious purple/white wire, in an undamaged factory loom, that goes to the the wrong place in the fuse box has a dead short to earth, confirmed from both ends.  How a single wire in a factory loom can be shorted, especially the best protected loom in the whole car (underneath the top of the dash) is going to keep me awake at night because surely whatever caused the damage has (or will) damaged other wires in that loom too. So, to finish this long and sad story....cut the purple/white wire where it exits the fuse box, ran a new wire from there to the ECU loom pin 31, fired it up and drove happily into the sunset. Only 4 days of head scratching and peering into footwells to get me there. Another collection of wire removed (in addition to the earlier photo) and a bunch of 10a fuses that gave their lives for the trouble shooting....thank you for their service.  And, since the car was in the shed I resealed the cam cover (first time I've ever had a new seal leak on an RB, but the Stagea is that kind of lucky), and I put in the boost doc cam splash plates to try and turn down the blow by a bit while I was there. Which, was all good because it also let me find the slow coolant leak, turns out it was from the turbo water supply which I nipped up again (the banjo bolt got new washers, and I tightened the hose end and hose to banjo fitting while I was there)