SAU Community

How Much Power Can A Standard Rb25Det Handle

Why go aftermarket turbo when the stock one will reliably handle n make 30 less kilowatts?? Ie 200 rwkw. If u wana go aftermarket then mite as well go for at least 270 rwkw and up

as 30rwkw makes a huge difference.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had 460rwhp on stock engine just bolt ons but limited the revs to 7g everday driver.. right fuel, right tune, right maintenance will see it last as long as it can when it blows build it ;)

Ash this may interest you as i know your a racepace (killer workshop) fan boy.

We see quite a few cars from Racepace through nowadays and the results we see from our hub dyno are very close to the dyno dynamics dyno (generally 10 up or down) they are running... so hub versus roller is moot.

In fact only last week had a bayside blue R34 gtr with t518z's from there last week which pulled 280kw on mine and he had a dyno sheet for 290 from racepace exact same boost.

ye i know your results are pretty similar mate, its just one particular place in SA that's doing ridiculous fudge :)

ye i know your results are pretty similar mate, its just one particular place in SA that's doing ridiculous fudge :)

Using the same dyno/correction they use on the said SA dyno my car went 410kw at the hubs. On the same tank of fuel it went 360rwkw on a dyno dynamics roller!

Take from that what you want :)

Also my car has been going fairly well with the 360rwkw for about 6 months now, including a run down the drags and at the track for time attack, I wouldn't recommend this much power to everyone though haha

Edited by SimonR32

How much power can a neo motor reliably handle on 98 fuel and on e85 that gets tracked and little street driven?

Assuming it's all tuned properly ect..

The reason I'm asking is because I've heard or read somewhere here that neo have stronger rods.

Trackcars are tuned abit softer, keep ur oil cool and dont skimp on quality fluids.

Power will depend on setup. Pushing a smaller turbo out of efficiency (too high boost) is worse than running a slightly larger turbo in its efficiency range but both making the same power

About 270rwkw, as mentioned many times across the board above this is pushing the long term longevity of the motor. I do not think it is the rods yet rather the overall construction of the motor itself.

Yeah thats what I thought. Making 280rwkw on 17psi hypergear atr43g3 with .82 rear end. Turbo doesn't run hot at all. Have all supporting mods, greddy oil cooler. Always run good fluids. I use motul 300v 15w50 which gets changed regularly.

The reason for asking is because I am thinking of getting a tune done in e85. But not sure whether it is safe to go more power or not with this fuel. I'm happy to leave it at this power level and enjoy the other benefits of e85 but more power is always good. cheers.gif

I have a mate who had a 33 with 320rwkw on race fuel with stock internals (although tomei cams) as his daily. It ran reliably for 3 years or so until he sold it. It had done a few runs down the strip before he bought it, but otherwise he babied it. To be honest, if he had been hammering it on tracks etc i think it wouldnt have lasted. Needless to say, the thing was scary fast for the street

Edited by cannabiscorpse

Well definetely get the tune done on E85. Will be a lot safer - less chance of detonation and the engine will run cooler.

Just keep the tune making around the same power if you are that worried.

Yeah I'm not overly worried, just wanted to know what is safe. If I can go more power then great! If not than I won't and still enjoy the benefits. But looks like I will just keep as is power wise and not risk it. Just thought I would try and clear this up about neo motors as I wasn't to sure with e85.

yeah and you're and idiot for continuing with this without knowing the full facts.. the owner of that dyno tunes with no temp probe correction. IE the dyno assumes an ambiant of a defult 100 deg C and then spits out a high reading. MY tuner hires the dyno and uses the intake probe correction, and the RIGHT mode on the dyno which puts it within witin range of a roller dyno. gibe or take 10 rwkw or so.

mine made 410 rwkw with no temp probe. and 367 rwkw with temp probe. - 10 rwkw off that and theres a round about 357 rwkw from a roller dyno.

hmm interesting feedback. may have to reconsider some things. either way 230kw is a big difference to the 200 my car is currently making. thanks for the info guys

mine made 410 rwkw with no temp probe. and 367 rwkw with temp probe. - 10 rwkw off that and theres a round about 357 rwkw from a roller dyno.

crack 300 on a mainline simon??

sorry, had to stir :P

Pushing a smaller turbo out of efficiency (too high boost) is worse than running a slightly larger turbo in its efficiency range but both making the same power

If they are both making the same power how can the smaller turbo be worse unless you mean you are loading it too much?

How you can do a proper temp correction on a turbo car is beyond me?:whistling: It's not just a linear equation concerting the amount of O2 (like for a nasp) but complex shit involving intercooler efficiency and all sorts.

I wish peeps would just quote power at the wheels - on the day - and not the jiggery pokery of corrected this and that.:thumbsup:

Fwiw we tuned my new motor last night and made better power and response on less boost

3kw more with 2psi less and a couple deg less timing aswell!

So it seems like after 3 years of 300rwkw on what seemed like a healthy motor might have been takin it's toll slowly over time

Fwiw we tuned my new motor last night and made better power and response on less boost

3kw more with 2psi less and a couple deg less timing aswell!

So it seems like after 3 years of 300rwkw on what seemed like a healthy motor might have been takin it's toll slowly over time

Was everything else the same (eg: compression ratio) and same dyno?

I would expect that a tight new motor would make a bit more power than a high km stocker :)

Keen to see your new graph, always been impressed with your set up!