SAU Community

How Much Power Can A Standard Rb25Det Handle

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a boost plot for that?? If its full boost at 3200rpm, I'm curious to see why the torque curve climb like its spooling until 3600-3700ish rpm?!

+1

Sorry to bring up an older off-topic thread that is going nowhere. But Lithium makes a v good point. :banana:

(first time I have used peanut butter jelly man I swear)

Haha, but yeah I am still interested to see too - there have been claims for spool like that floating for GT2835s etc which take a bit of credit from GT3076Rs being a good unit for in the high 200/low 300kw area I'm yet to see a GT2835 or GT3071R hit over 1.1bar before 3500rpm.

I'll try to remember to take a photo of one I have sitting around on paper...

If you have a look at my old motor's graphs though, from memory it was 20 psi by 34xx anyway

I'd post one but I'm on iphail atm

All 2835 setups should be seeing boost that early. It is not the same as a 3071... It's got a .68 rear Remember ;)

Haha, but yeah I am still interested to see too - there have been claims for spool like that floating for GT2835s etc which take a bit of credit from GT3076Rs being a good unit for in the high 200/low 300kw area I'm yet to see a GT2835 or GT3071R hit over 1.1bar before 3500rpm.

On the road my 2835 ProS:

2nd gear: 4000rpm, 21psi

3rd gear: 3500rpm, 21psi

4th gear: 3000rpm, 21psi

Obviously 4th gear: 3000rpm, 21psi is basically usless. No tyre frying power there.

I always assumed that when people spoke about when they get full boost by in the rpm range, it meant in second or third gear...

here I am thinking why arnt I hitting 21psi by 3200rpm in 2nd gear...

I always assumed that when people spoke about when they get full boost by in the rpm range, it meant in second or third gear...

here I am thinking why arnt I hitting 21psi by 3200rpm in 2nd gear...

well it requires engine load to spool the turbo. 4th gear is going to have far more load then 2nd ;)

well it requires engine load to spool the turbo. 4th gear is going to have far more load then 2nd ;)

so I gather I need to look at my boost gauge in 4th gear full throttle....

hmmm that'll be an interesting task to complete... how fast is that again?? lol

why is it useless? the fact that it spools all the way to 21 psi at 3000 rom is a very good thing

I mean 4th gear, 3000rpm, short-stroke, 2.5L engine has no power there. Doesn't matter how much boost I have, I won't be frying me tires.

I mean 4th gear, 3000rpm, short-stroke, 2.5L engine has no power there. Doesn't matter how much boost I have, I won't be frying me tires.

This guy, he knows!!!!

boost = torque yes?

if your making 21 psi @ 3000 rpm then your peak torque is pretty low.. and therefore you'd be rapidly accelerating from that point onwards.