SAU Community

How To Get All 4 R35 Rear Lights To Be On

baby34

Hi,

Just wondering anyone know where i can buy the kit to keep all 4 of my R35 Rear Lights on instead of the two..

Noticed that my R34 has all 4 lights on but the GTR Doesnt.

Thanks

Hi,

Just wondering anyone know where i can buy the kit to keep all 4 of my R35 Rear Lights on instead of the two..

Noticed that my R34 has all 4 lights on but the GTR Doesnt.

Thanks

The Zele 4 light kit is the best way to go. It's an off the shelf kit and easy to hook up yourself. Did it on my R35 and it worked perfectly. Instructions here: Zele 4 light kit install instructions

I purchased the kit from "Matty32" who is on the thread linked above. Direct link to his site: New Era Parts store

Great service and the kit arrived within the week.

• 1 month later...

How much for the kit. Nengun do the MCR harness for $185 but they take 4 weeks to post. Can you match that and get it out to me quicker? I don't want the Zele kit as the inner lights end up brighter than the outers which is crap.

I went with the mcr harness

I had it ready to go before I even picked up the car

You connect it inline with the existing harness, no black box, no splicing, too easy

G35 the Zele may look brighter in pics because of the tighter packed LEDs on the inner vs outer

They both do the same thing, basically send constant power and ground. You could diy if you had a voltmeter and some time to kill

Edited by domino_z

• 1 month later...

The Zele 4 light kit is the best way to go. It's an off the shelf kit and easy to hook up yourself. Did it on my R35 and it worked perfectly. Instructions here: Zele 4 light kit install instructions

I purchased the kit from "Matty32" who is on the thread linked above. Direct link to his site: New Era Parts store

Great service and the kit arrived within the week.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Has anyone whos installed these kits have the issue of having the LEDS on the rear wing illuminated all the time also, so it looks as if your driving around with your foot on the brake?

MCR says their kit dimmley illuminates all 4 tail lights, does the zele kit do the same or is it runnIng full power all the time?

Hi,

Has anyone whos installed these kits have the issue of having the LEDS on the rear wing illuminated all the time also, so it looks as if your driving around with your foot on the brake?

MCR says their kit dimmley illuminates all 4 tail lights, does the zele kit do the same or is it runnIng full power all the time?

I fitted the Zele kit tonight and the inner tail lights are now illuminated with the same brightness as the outer ones. When you push the brake pedal, only the inner lights are brighter, as normal and the rear wing leds come on, as normal. The rear wing leds are not illuminated until the brake pedal is applied.

It works perfectly and looks much better. There is a switch on the unit to change it back to original spec if needed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Started to make up a home made harness for this on mine, took a couple of diodes and so far got all 4 lights on now, but the small ones seem brighter than the outer ones, probably need some voltage regulators now to dim them down a bit.

JUST A NOTE TO BEWARE OFF.

When i first started to do this i came accross a problem, that with the inner lights on i could start the car without putting my foot on the brake pedal, didnt like that so had to fit 2 other diodes to sort that out.

will let you know as i go along.

• 2 months later...

brake lights only.

IMG_0003.jpg

brake and park lights.

IMG_0004.jpg

4 park lights.

IMG_0005.jpg

I need to make sure that they work ok first before i decide what to do, i didn,t do it to make money, just wanted too see how hard it was to do, as on other GTR sites, the kit looked like a small box. If anybody wants i can post up the wiring diagram, and some pics of the harness,s but not till next week as i am not neer the car till then.

Tony.