SAU Community

"the Olds" 1St Stagea Cruise - Sth Aust

OLDS

What date suits you best...  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK...we know Ruby had a try with a June date...so here goes....

Some of you know us and our many charity cruises with "that other forum"

We previously mentioned we would like to organise a winter cruise with a Pub lunch included

I found a hills pub today that is happy to give us a private room (no charge) and a 3 course lunch for $19/head....

we will have 3 choices, ring our choices through to them on the morning & your lunch will be waiting for you

(in the private room) when you arrive.

So lets have a crack at it,would you like to join us on a 2.5hr cruise followed by lunch

then a 40min cruise back to the metro ?

If you bring your kids, OLD Jules will have a surprise for them to enjoy on the drive. If the G/F, partner, missus

usually stays at home...then this is one for her too. No we wont be driving hard...but there are some interesting roads

included....YES that will mean, it will (then be) camera/video friendly...Ryan

"the OLDS" - Jules & Mark

PS...no this is not a charity cruise...just a family friendly cruise

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good, did you skip the rally of SA weekend on purpose? Any date will do for now.

Shoot...which w/end is that on ?

Its the OLDs from the custom inports video. Ill have to get your autograph. The first 3 weekends are good for me. Ill be the same Glenn, if I can talk the wife into coming this time Ill be behind the pack with the newest baby stagea member aswell. Jules might need a few rattles for the kids. Ha Ha.

Cant wait maybe the pub will attract a record number.

This will be a "Rain, Hail or Shine Cruise"...as we have managed a warm private room

I should get the menu today & will throw it up. We are hoping the "slower, nanna pace" :yes: and the "family...everyone is invited" will give this small section of SAU (& the media) a

different perspective. (...not suggesting all cruises should be this way)

"us OLD peeps"

GUYS...can I suggest we lock in a main meal from Menu 1 or 2 on the day

...those wanting the full package can indicate it on arrival, it's just

the main meals in a small hotel take a while...apologies I got my prices confused in my first post (go easy Im OLD)

(so on route we will ring them, with an ETA & your main meal order)

BLUMBERG HOTEL

24 SHANNON STREET, BIRDWOOD, SA 5234.

These are our sample group menus. Please do not hesitate to ring.

Cheers

Rebecca Markham

MENU

FIRST COURSE

Soup of the day

MAIN No 1

Barramundi baked in white wine & herbs served with a white wine and cream sauce.

Or

Veal schnitzel with chips and salad and a choice of sauce (gravy, pepper, mushroom or Dianne).

Or

Chicken schnitzel with chips and salad and choice of above sauces.

MAIN No 2

Veal or chicken schnitzel with a choice of sauce (gravy, pepper, mushroom or Dianne).

Or

Fish and Chips

DESSERT

Choice of two homemade desserts

Tea or Coffee

Three courses price per head $22.00

Two courses price per head $19.00 (please choose as a group either the soup or dessert) for main no 1

Two courses price per head $17.00 (please choose as a group either the soup or dessert) for main no 2

One course only per head $15.00 (main no 2)

PLEASE pick a date from the choices, guys !...even if all suit you, we will then run with that date

TA!!!

"the OLD peeps"

I would LOVE to join you Mark & Jules. However my stagea bottom end has finally said enough is enough (track day april 11 lost ringlands to piston#5); being towed on Monday for a budget bottom end replacement. Wish I had the funds to do it properly, but in a hard state at the moment in regards to money, the pension supplies barely enough to eat and pay for power bills :(

Lets LOCK IN the date !....will make it easier for everyone, so it is now

SUNDAY 17th JULY

...please disregard the poll (I can't delete it maybe Ruby or someone else can)

OLD Mark

PS...please let us know if you can't make it on that date.