SAU Community

Gtx3071 Install

Great result tonight with the tune, these things throw out some torque let me tell you. Cihan was stressing about the rods when he saw it was putting out more torque than the 470wkw Supra he just tuned.

Ran the GTX up to 25psi, falling to 21 by redline. The boost snaps on even with the 1.06 housing. We had to stop there as I blew a cooler hose clamp and the 1000's were at 85% duty. There was still plenty left in the turbo...

The car drives amazing even though the power wasnt much better than before. (Perhaps the manifolds are holding me back?) :whistling:

post-63525-0-37420600-1309613564_thumb.jpg

post-63525-0-26813700-1309613893_thumb.jpg

post-63525-0-06059000-1309613964_thumb.jpg

Thanks Alex, you will be there soon. :)

You can clearly see the throttle closing at the top above 6500, not sure why. Redline is 7600 but the ecu is too damn smart. F-con will be the next mod I think. :cheers:

imagine how much torgue it will make with the 3.5lt then :thumbsup"

did you get new wheels Scott

I don't think the 3.5 is needed anymore, the 2.5 is plenty for me for now. :)

I put stock V35 8 inch rims on for the stealth look, with crappy Blue Streak tyres. The sidewalls flex like jelly compared to the KU36's.

wow! thats an awesome result! Well done mate! I cant imagine what 1000nm of torque feels like! Love the stealth look too - but damn those wheels are clean!

Thats not engine torque its tractive effort. But it would still have a heap of torque.

Nice work Scotty. Sounds like a decent improvement, even the though the dyno sheets don't make it obvious (to me at least) so well done :thumbsup: .

Apparently the dyno wasnt run in correction mode back when I tuned the old highflow, it was running around 10% correction last night so it was a 30kw gain on the last turbo which is why Ironpaw was having issues getting the same power. It is definitely an improvement but I cant use it due to the noise. :whistling:

Great work mate! :cheers: Couldn't wait until Sunday (as planned) to find out your numbers???

Thanks, I got a call Saturday to drop everything and drive over, or I was going to have to wait a week.

Apparently the dyno wasnt run in correction mode back when I tuned the old highflow, it was running around 10% correction last night so it was a 30kw gain on the last turbo which is why Ironpaw was having issues getting the same power. It is definitely an improvement but I cant use it due to the noise. :whistling:

Hmm I thought I wasn't getting the same power cause I was only running 17 psi?

Hmm I thought I wasn't getting the same power cause I was only running 17 psi?

Perhaps, I have no idea. I ran mine on the same dyno but before Cihan bought it so it could have been set up wrong. Only way to tell is to ramp yours up I guess. :)

Do you have a target you're aiming for (quicker than last time obviously), or is it just a "see what happens"?