SAU Community

This Is Why It's Great To Live In Australia

g35me

The US is an entirely different culture and in some ways this is normal for them. Different strokes etc.

I've been shooting with one of the guys in that thread and in no way is he insane or even out of the ordinary. Just a GT-R lover living in a gun loving society.

This. It'd be no different from us starting a thread in wasteland talking about some normality/variable in our own lives. Case in point: Switzerland, where not only do hundred of thousands of people keep guns in their homes, they are required by law to possess a firearm. And Switzerland is NOTHING like America.

Gun laws come in, death by guns go down and death by knifes go up. True genius really.

Agreed...if someone really wants to kill they will. About all gun laws will do is reduce the frequency of gun accidents. Murder counts themselves will stay the same, people just find other means.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't forget it's statistically more likely for you or a loved one to get shot with your own gun than actually shoot someone else

and I'd much rather someone rob or attempt to hurt me with a knife than an AK47... I can outrun people with knives... I'm quick but yet to beat a bullet in a sprint

lastly never use assault rifles or handguns for home defense because they have a nasty habit of penetrating walls and killing people you were meant to be defending... shotgun is a much better option... harder to miss and you won't end up shooting little Johnny asleep in his bed

lastly never use assault rifles or handguns for home defense because they have a nasty habit of penetrating walls and killing people you were meant to be defending... shotgun is a much better option... harder to miss and you won't end up shooting little Johnny asleep in his bed

Good thing my son's name is Went :P

Why do people think that the gun laws changed anything?? Look at how many shootings are happening on a weekly basis in Sydney, do you really think they are all registered and the people licenced?? Hell no, they are all black market weapons. Any Joe Bloggs who thinks "Oh I think having a gun would be cool" not only can easily get one, but also cheaply.

The gun laws were just introduced to attempt to implement a stupid control and it failed miserably.

well actually you can still own quite a decent variety of guns legally in NSW. you just have to go about it the right way. many of you guys would be surprised how cheap a legal, licenced pistol like a glock is to buy...

^^ You sir, have won my eternal respect

On a more serious note though, owning a weapon is like owning a car. You get one because you want one and enjoy using one. Isn't it great to live in a country where we are all consumers ;)

Edited by KnT47r

[quote name=ClutchBurndout-:(' timestamp='1309155794' post='5884797]

why would anyone want to own a gun?

To shoot other people with guns......

There was a clip in a Roger Moore movie about the founding of America and why everyone is afraid and has guns...

protection against Osama, call of duty, second amendment, the price of a quarter pounder with cheese, cowboys n indians, cops and robbers....

this guy finds they just bring out his sexyback

redneck+with+guns.jpg

.....when he's not busy battling it out on rockband

Edited by domino_z

protection against Osama, call of duty, second amendment, the price of a quarter pounder with cheese, cowboys n indians, cops and robbers....

this guy finds they just bring out his sexyback

.....when he's not busy battling it out on rockband

LMFAO!! Best answer this thread has offered. although i couldnt inflict the pic twice.

http://www.yourdaily...eo/watch/12114/

Not American but it still really opens your eyes, how different the rest of the world can be at times...

If I shot at someone's tyre because they wouldn't stop I dare say I would lose my job. :/

Shows how different their culture is generally, the bloke jumped out and started pushing him! I had a cop pull a gun on me years ago, and i flattened myself on the ground like a bitch and dribbled in my pants. I cant believe you would have the balls/stupidity to then get out and start pushing him around.