SAU Community

Track Battle Australian Time Attack Series

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't like the "factory bodywork must not be modified in any way" rule for street class. almost every street car/weekend warrior out there has either lipped or pumped gaurds.

ive just had a quick look over the sup-regs and while it says as above, later in the sup-regs it says frp front and rear quarter pannels are allowed. i cant see the difference between bolting on wide body guards and flairing the stock guards. im also guessing that the above is there to prevent major bodywork mods.

its an interesting read and i am asuming that rules would be hard to make to try not to narrow down the field but its interesting to read that "direct replacment adjustable arems are allowed" meaning rose jointed arms which arent road legal. with almost every other rule pointing to normal ADR road rules i would have thought that these arms should have been opted out. the better option being aftermarket bushes for adjustability. just my point of view to keep a level playing field.

yeah, I saw that later too. I guess "The chassis and factory metalwork is not permitted to be modified in any way" doesn't actually mean the bodywork can't be modified??? Its about as clear as mud. But overfenders would be fairly useless without the sheet metal behind them being modified. The way that's worded it doesn't even permit even lipping of gaurds... I'm sure that wasn't what they intended.

Im guessing street class for me although its a factory 2 seater with full cage. would just need to change tyres.

looks like only half cages in street class. A luxury only 2 door cars are allowed to have???

Half roll-cages are permitted in two-door cars that have been registered as a two seater

those rules need some ironing out.

Edited by hrd-hr30

Your allowes to flare guards an allowe to cut the edge of rear guards to fit over fenders. You cant remove the entire rear 3/4 panel and replace is all.

Rules are a bit relaxed this year as they get ironed out for next year.

The Drift Series is filling up like a fat kid in an all you can eat restaurant. Time Attack is starting to catch on.

Ash assures me he and all of his friends will be entering, isn't that right Ash.

The Drift Series is filling up like a fat kid in an all you can eat restaurant. Time Attack is starting to catch on.

Ash assures me he and all of his friends will be entering, isn't that right Ash.

Yeah mine will be going in next week.

Had to spring for the fixups after the destruction @ Drag Battle :D

• 2 weeks later...

Why do the promotors of both this and superlap feel the need to incorporate kiddy skidders in their programme. The average time attacker is about as interested in mudcrabs as the kennedy family are in guns.

If drifting is so good why cant it stand on its own 4 wheels, Oh wait....they tried that. :rolleyes:

Have you ever thought that its because you are just an old bastard? :merli:

I don't mind watching it :P

They were carrying heaps of speed @ the dome too so there was some seriously long slides being held right against the barriers

LOL! you may well be right. Truth is i dont mind watching it either and regularly go to the local track to watch the kiddy skidders tear it up and destroy a few more imports.

I simply dont see the need to combine the 2. Time attack is just starting to blossom (outside of qld) and i dont think combining the 2 is in the best interests of time attack in the long term.

I don’t mind watching the drifting for around 10mins then I get a bit board, but the drifters would say the same about us time attackers.

Even though I don’t like saying it, having both at the one event seems to work well just look at the crowds at WTA if there was no drifting maybe half the crowed would not show up? Then sponsors will stop coming and time attack could end up falling on its ass?

While its working stick with it and make it bigger and better. never know may take over V8 Taxi's and end up on TV..... everyone needs a support act. :thumbsup:

LOL! you may well be right. Truth is i dont mind watching it either and regularly go to the local track to watch the kiddy skidders tear it up and destroy a few more imports.

I simply dont see the need to combine the 2. Time attack is just starting to blossom (outside of qld) and i dont think combining the 2 is in the best interests of time attack in the long term.

hahaha :D

I think its more about event diversity. Combine the two, cater for everyone - have a big event.

Short term gain for long term loss. Drifting failed largely because of the demographics it appeals to. Sponsors arent interested in swapping product for cracked fish tanks and broken pocket bikes to flat cappers with spastic hands. (see every photo of Mad mike in the sl thread)

It may bring a few extra people to an event but in the long term it will keep a few away too. Like it did to their own series to the point it failed.

I agree to a point Noel but the profile of drifting is still on the rise. Look at some of the sponsors that are on the drift cars. I wish I could get that!

I like the formula that is there now. Superlap did it well :)