SAU Community

1978 Nissan Skyline (Naps)

post-84213-0-55608400-1309333759_thumb.jpgHi Guys, '

Just logged onto this website and was wondering if anyone knows about the NAPS and how rare are they, haven't seen another one in Melbourne. Peter.

Edited by Peter C

Nissan Anti Pollution System.

I don't know much else but will call my mate Mario to come on here, he knows everything about this model.

Edit: You have the same louvres as me! Legend

Edited by Socrates

Was also on the Californian 280zx. It's just a system of fuel injection and exhaust recirculation to lower gas emissions. Not many around, as the Bosch L-jetronic got upgraded and passed the emissions testing. I've seen it on a L20A in a C210, pretty interesting, no power upgrade though

post-84213-0-55608400-1309333759_thumb.jpgHi Guys, '

Just logged onto this website and was wondering if anyone knows about the NAPS and how rare are they, haven't seen another one in Melbourne. Peter.

Hi Peter,

My c210 has the NAPS, Badge, its what socrates said, its to do woth the anti pollution systems in Japan

back in the seventies.... My coupe is a JDM,...import, also where abouts are you in Melbourne mate, love to see your car,

im in the western suburbs..

Im sure if you need advice or other things we members here are happy to help if we can..

Its good to have you here,

Cheers

Mario.

Thanks for the info Guys. I used to use this car as my work car for 10 years as you know the rust creeps in and so am in the process of replacing panels and getting a paint job. Currently running a 2.8 but I have a hot 2.6Z engine in the shed that I am thinking of ratting the best bits from.There seems to have been alot of features on these cars for their age air con,power steering,electric windows,closer ratio 5 speed gear box. I'll post some photos when I have it done.

Thanks Again.

I think this model, not the JDM model, was what started my love affair with all things Datsun/ Nissan. I remember reading about a tweaked model called "Alpine" in the SMH, but it was not till 1984 that I got my first RMR30 Ti My daily is still anR30..

I think this model, not the JDM model, was what started my love affair with all things Datsun/ Nissan. I remember reading about a tweaked model called "Alpine" in the SMH, but it was not till 1984 that I got my first RMR30 Ti My daily is still anR30..