SAU Community

Gtx3076R Vrs Gt3076R.. A True Comparison.

When i read that is assumed that they made the changes to make sure that the RPM signal was correct so the graph was displayed correctly, not that they adjusted the ramp rate by 5.7% to make up for the change of ramp rate that the engine sees. But after re reading it i'm not sure?

Even if not the 5.7% difference in load could not be enough to shift the graph 500rpm, I think the differential ratio is a setting you enter in though. 500rpm is the difference in doing a short run say eg 1st/2nd gear equivalent ramp rate vs 4th gear.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes. before starting any dyno runs its calibrated to the diff ratio that you have. meaning even if you dont know what ratio you have it will still work it out for you. all tables are shifted accordingly then.

Sorry for the slightly OT question but somebody asked this earlier in this thread and I couldn't find the answer... is the GTX3076R available in an internall gated option, and could it even possibly be made to fit a stock manifold and 6-bolt nissan dump? I don't know if there's an exhaust housing for that. What about fitting it into an OP6 housing? :S Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times already... I did search a bit!

turbine side is exactly the same as the normal 3076 so yes theres plenty of turbine housing options including internal and a 6 bolt (although its not very good). however i wouldnt bother getting a gtx3076 if your using the standard manifold and internal gate as a this will become a major restriction before you max out a normal gt3076, let alone a gtx3076

My normal gt3076r hits 18psi at about 3200-3300 rpm. Probably won't be upgrading to the gtx. Unless it's a gtx35

What gear is that in? And is that dyno, or real driving experience? Just curious because thats quite a quick spool for 3076 from what I know..

I think if every last rpm of response is a necessity, and money isnt really an issue, then sure... Any of the GTX variants would be awesome. Some of the results the Evo guys are getting over there in the USA are quite impressive; and thats on 95!

But otherwise the comparable 'standard' GT turbos will suit any purpose just as well.

Awesome results though; I personally expected the GTX to be a little more impressive. Especially considering the hype that it received.. But, somehow, I can't justify spending the extra cash on a turbo which isn't really that much more..... better. A larger GTX perhaps. :thumbsup:

And also for comparison I ran my brother (on the track of course) same setup pretty much exept his is GTX. Mine still spools up faster.

Mind you I only have my exhaust manifold ported. So no major exhaust flow modd

4th gear on dyno. Second gear on street I hit 18psi below 3500

So you have an RB30 or RB28? Or are using Nitrous?

2nd gear 18psi below 3500rpm is HKS 2530 territory on an RB25.

Edited by simpletool

So you have an RB30 or RB28? Or are using Nitrous?

2nd gear 18psi below 3500rpm is HKS 2530 territory on an RB25.

I honestly don't know what the go with it is too. All I have is a unopened rb25 with cam gears and ported exhaust manifold. Most people say it's impossible but I'm not sure what the go is. Just found my autosalon dyno sheet. But boost controller was on the wrong setting and wasn't hitting 18psi till 5000rpm which was gay lol

You won't be able to read it. Because it's in speed. And I had different diff ratios to stock.

If you tell us what the diff ratio is and what gearbox you have we can figure it out.

Stock gearbox, and the diff was in a r32 (nismo 2 way) so im not 100% sure on ratio but it was accelerating faster and always sat at a higher rpm

*waits for the hate*

post-8025-0-72971900-1309773694_thumb.jpg