SAU Community

July Photo Thread

Mangune

^ you missed a few spots with the colour history brush tool. People still do that sort of stuff?

What made you do that to this picture? Just curious.

To me its cheesy and makes the image look worse. My 2 cents. Sorry dont mean to sound harsh.

Otherwise even lighting on the car.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, I'm building some stuff for my video rig and though I'd share this one since it will also work for any SLR zoom lens.

I wanted a more controllable way to zoom when I have my camera in video mode.

I got this downspout clamp from Bunnings for $5. I just cut the tabs and drilled a hole to put the clamping screw through (a nice long one from one of my extra follow focus gears).

It really turned out well and the zoom is so much more fluid and smooth since I can control it better.

Just thought I'd share.

hey nice! i was thinking about something like this for doing 'zoom burst' photos.

where did you get that threaded bolt type thing (do they have a specific name, lol)

finding stuff like that is half the battle when it comes to making cool stuff like this

I love your ghetto mods pezman. they're rad. we should make a new site called ghetto-mods.com! :P

I had a crack at some studio styled shots the other day, just did a few quick adjustments here... what do u think? I've spotted a couple flaws on most them already but feedback is gold.

5973378765_911a52fd62_z.jpg

5973939748_a14008c034_z.jpg

5973379321_d52deec40d_z.jpg

5973939378_394b833bbc_z.jpg

5973380679_4803b287b3_z.jpg

Haha yeah. Such a good colour. Blue just pops so much easier.

BTW - Those Fiat 500 shots, did you paint the shadows in? First shadow looks a lot "real-er" than the rear shot. Or maybe it's the low angle and shape of the car, looks like a pyramid haha.

Such a rad car. I want one!!

The screw was from another accessory I have for my camera - some big follow focus gears. But I figure if you used some threaded rod you can just lock a couple of washers on one end between two nuts to make a thumb screw and then you just need some round or triangle pieces to drill and tap. Really Easy.

Had an hour or so to play with my new lens and wanted to see what it can do for night photography (Panasonic 20mm 1.7 Prime). These are really just a trial run to make sure I can get decent capture of stars. I want to do some star gazing time lapse with an intervalometer. I'm pretty pleased with the results straight out of the camera.

P1010616.JPG

P1010633.JPG

P1010635.JPG

P1010649.JPG

you just need some round or triangle pieces to drill and tap. Really Easy.

maybe for some, lol. i dont have bench vice or tools to tap a thread tho, so bit more of a challenge

New here wave.gif.heres a shot of my car at north head from the week.

5929381283_9880768f7d_b.jpg

Nice! About time I had a fellow Stagea driver in this section. Welcome to the forums, and welcome to Stagea ownership. :D

Kory, love the S15 shot! I agree, that blue looks amazing on them. When I was deciding on a car almost 6 yrs ago, it was either going to be a blue S15 or the LOLvo.

Matt, that little 500 looks odd from that angle.

Thanks Nick :)

Rainbow beach looks epic!!!

alan_key - Do you live on the beaches? And have you been looking at The-Lowdown lately ;) Turned out good! Maybe use another flash on camera right for some more fill and to kill the shadows?

Another from Bree's Shoot.

5977813219_11c9abcf71_b.jpg

That rainbow beach shot is awesome. really, really well done.

Did you cut and paste the stagea over a 370z? hehehe, nice shot there man. clean looking stag too!

Turned out quite nicely Kory... Story... Allegory... Montesory.... Bory.... Floory.