SAU Community

July Photo Thread

Mangune

I have just started snapping photos, so please be easy on me ok..? :)

Most of the photos have my number plate on it, so here are the ones that have been brushed.

26906010150235515116875.jpg

25438010150206842106875.jpg

63273467614186874642931.jpg

73305444759791874642931.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went out to with my mates VP SS for a shoot last night. Found an old abandoned petrol station full of grafiti and random stuff, so we had fun checking it out. Although we got the attention of the lady who lives behind it, then the cops turned up... But no dramas, thankfully.

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3592.jpg

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3580.jpg

There are more in my FB. Grabbed this one from inside the workshop, love how it turned out! Not bad considering it was completely pitch black ;) But of course we didnt go inside officer... :P

IMG_3608.jpg

ended up buying an olympus e-pl1 for $360. the lens i want tho is around $800 grey import (panasonic 8mm fisheye. half the weight of the olympus fisheye and doesnt need a 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapter saving $300). will be worth it for the higher quality of the pics once i have saved up enough. time to start trying to get permission to take shots from the higher profile buildings, not sure how that will go. have a feeling it will involve spending more money on roof access type safety courses tho, lol. would be worth it, would love to specialize in photography from high places. something about being high that fascinates me, im scared of heights, but am too addicted to give it up, lol.

either that or i need to road trip to other cities for some rooftopping missions, lol

and your right about that shot, i left it a bit late to get up there, i need to finish up half hour earlier and be up there ready. would also like to bracket it next time and do a night HDR so all elements are exposed properly. that burnt out statue irks me, lol.

Ah nice! So the E-PL1 is body only atm?

Ah nice! So the E-PL1 is body only atm?

nah, it came with a 14-40mm. they are all going out cheap as the e-pl3 has been announced.

i still havent really taken it out and used it, i prefer the flip out screen on the G11.

only bought it for higher quality fisheye photos anyway, so probably wont get used till i have the lens for it.

A pic from a reception I shot. Just showing how dark it can get on the dance floor. Took this without any flash, just natural light.

Straight out of the camera, f2.8, 1/60th, iso6400, hand held.

IMG_5255.jpg

Not using nothing special Just a cannon EFS 55-250 IS

Heres a few more hard to play footy then take pics of the game after and before lol

026a.jpg

204a.jpg

229a.jpg

231a.jpg

loving your light painting shots RM, keep it up!

so many cool pics in this thread so far this month.

lol, I actually quite like this photo of me.

270722_1991608822967_1025781561_31814361_1341387_n.jpg

probably cause I cant see my face, haha.

also love how the three buildings behind me just seem to melt into the sunset, lol

Edited by Jay019

you should be a rep for gopro!!!

if they send me out a full HD cam with the LCD backpack i'd promote the shit out of them, haha.

but check out GoPro Photos on facebook, some seriously epic shots can be taken with such a simple little setup.

Edited by Jay019

Been a while since I've posted, or even really had a proper browse. I've been damn busy getting these rig shots out and getting the new site up and running.

www.autocult.net

have a look, got any thoughts of feedback, I'm happy to hear it? I even made a facebook for it haha, go like us!

nice shot J. that's your best face yet ;P

that's not football :P

A few more rig shots...

5944970813_bbde9153b1_b.jpg

5949711619_989c223cc2_b.jpg

5950192044_9855f2e2e1_b.jpg

Edited by MaTBoY

5953574231_f56f9c9470_z.jpg

Stars by Ben Isaac, on Flickr

5954138116_5ab2e44369_z.jpg

Light Pollution by Ben Isaac, on Flickr

5954136178_c2ebb36058_z.jpg

Milky Way by Ben Isaac, on Flickr

5954133974_b7b4b95887_z.jpg

Stormrise Seascape by Ben Isaac, on Flickr

Just got my new Tamron 28-75 f2.8. First attempt at some nightscapes. Deliberately used a large aperture to try and avoid 'star trails' as I was going for 'as if you were there' kind of look.

They are some friggin cool night shots!!!

Epic shots in this thread. I hope your clone stamp gets a present after your done! :)

I'm back from the snow and it's time to start taking some shots!

damn half you guys for using hosts i can't see while at work! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (mainly at work)

had another shot get explored on flickr :)

5950192044_9855f2e2e1_b.jpg

this one.

and these are the last 3 from the group rig shots.

5953742191_f3b77277c3_b.jpg

5953742195_207284c98e_b.jpg

5953742203_63dabe4da3_b.jpg