SAU Community

Dental Health

GTR-N1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Private health insurance ftw. $87 check up and clean cost me about $25 by the end.

Private health is great. had it for years.. but when you need shit done, its still f**kin pricey

i get free checkups/cleans. but everytime i go.. i need something else..

Mine are pretty good.... all original, no fillings, wisdoms out years ago.

I wish they were straighter though, I had braces as a teenager but didn't wear my retainer as much as I should and they moved :(

Used to go for 6 monthly check ups & cleaning religiously but got lazy and haven't been for ages. Should do that again. I only have Extras cover but got most of it back.

I think my parents spent like 10k on my teeth.

Had jaw expanded twice, braces, wisdoms out few fillings all white and a permanent wire on my bottom jaw but other than that I think they are pretty darn good.

I'm a bit anal when it comes to dental care. I could never go out with someone with yucky teeth.

I'm a bit anal when it comes to dental care. I could never go out with someone with yucky teeth.

Ummm..., how about that article on Today/Tonight Corinne, where they showed "Snapon Teeth"???

Pretty impressive! You'd never know if there were yucky teeth underneath until after the wedding day!!! :ph34r:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight/health/article/-/7980732/perfect-teeth/

it's basically like a wearing a cap/hat while you are sweating alot..

bacteria grows

and turns acidic causing problems over time

and during the 12 hours whatever you eat and drink increases the acidity around the snap on and gives more food for the bacteria> eventually leading to more problems

as u said it... more perio problems and caries

if you were to CLEAN after everything you eat and drink? may work but "may" is not good enough haha

I get a government fund every 2 years worth around 5k. Covers all except cosmetic ie. bleaching

Protect your gums as poor gums leads to bad infections, gingervitus and then leads to your teeth decaying; ultimately periodontal disease.

I've got side impact wisdoms that will eventually need to come out... 4 figures to get it done fml!

i had the same shit... cost me 2.5k. had all 4 wisdom teeth out at once. my face swelled up like a bitch. couldnt eat nothing but yoghurt.

i had braces on as a kid and then the wisdom teeth decided to come up on the piss and push my bottom front teeth into eachother so got them out real quick. still have a wire in the bottom behind my front teeth to keep them from moving tho.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Interesting that it has 2 to the USB stick. Are the ones to the USB stick different? Or labelled anything at all? Telstra 4G is Band 28 is the long range one you want, it's 700mHz. I'm trying to do some reading on the Cel-Fi stuff, but I can't find any decent info online that makes me feel comfortable being able to work out the sort of antennas we could get away to swapping it over to. The antennas I'm starting to do some stuff with at work, are a transparent antenna. They're designed to stick onto the window. Which means you wouldn't even have the antenna outside the car. Volkswagen have just started using the exact same types of antennas on some of their new cars (And from the same antenna manufacturer). But, RF stuff is a bit of a dark art some days, and getting it wrong in your car could make for a terrible waste of money trying to swap antennas :S
    • I'm not going to lie Duncan, Saturday and Sunday were pretty rough days. The sort of work I was doing would previously have ended up with me spending about an hour and a half chatting with Neil. Firstly about something I had a question about, and then both of us rambling off on tangents.  I think how Neil did things, and his attitude to getting it done is helping me in part to get this stuff done. Then I can actually do the things I enjoy more easily  
    • Talked to another R34 GT-T owner, he said bonnet of his car once fell and slammed from full height because of strong wind at a car show and nothing was damaged or broken, so I guess I'm just overthinking some things but yeah, just making sure I'm not damaging the car anyhow cause wanna keep it for a long time.
    • I would say 100% that it doesn't matter at all. I have an Al bonnet and I drop it sometimes, push it others. Have done so for 25 years and there's no way to tell that either has caused any problems (because there are no problems).
    • yeah, a black 4 door HR, stock AT RB20DE. Was a pretty good daily summer car, it was kept in a garage during winter but previous owner was fighting rust so most of the car was covered with rust undercoating, the trunk, floorpan, it started to rust underneath so I thought it would be better to find other chassis that was taken care better and do rust preventions myself, at least I would know where keep my attention at. Plans are simple, enjoy the car as much as I can, mostly on summer of course, winter here is long and not kind to 90s JDM, I wanna keep it mostly stock like, I'm not a huge fan of GT-R look or any body kits so gonna keep it as metal as possible haha, something more balanced look wise and yeah, work on performance, I was thinking about RB25DET but 20DET actually feels fun, as long as it's reliable I think I might keep it.