SAU Community

R33 Or R34?

Well I was told how R33 gts series two has things like abs, xenon headlights, basically just a tad upgraded from the series one, are any R34 gt's like this? probs a nub questions, but I am new dont forget :D

I dont know about abs in gts models but the only 33 that came with xenon was a series 3 GTR(or 4 door GTR) and afaik all 34s came with xenon headlights.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, as everyone has already said, don't buy either for performance.

If you plan on modding it, focus on the braking and handling section, then later down the track drop RB25DET in or do a conversion :P.

That's what i plan to do :thumbsup:.

Yea, as everyone has already said, don't buy either for performance.

If you plan on modding it, focus on the braking and handling section, then later down the track drop RB25DET in or do a conversion :P.

That's what i plan to do :thumbsup:.

That's some dumb shit right there. should sell it to a p plater. Australia already has enough turbo skylines.

That's some dumb shit right there. should sell it to a p plater. Australia already has enough turbo skylines.

Each to their own.

Your not going to get close to the money already spent, so why not just throw another 1K on it and bolt a turbo on.

That's just my "plan" I might go a different path, it is after all 5 years from now until i get off my p's.

Edited by Converge

Each to their own.

Your not going to get close to the money already spent, so why not just throw another 1K on it and bolt a turbo on.

That's just my "plan" I might go a different path, it is after all 5 years from now until i get off my p's.

Please show me this 1k mastery you speak of.

You would have to upgrade the braking system to GTST brakes,and i dont believe that just means calipers.

You would want to upgrade your hubs to 5 stud instead of 4 stud. then you would need a turbo diff and possibly a different stronger tailshaft.then comes a gearbox,you would be needing a turbo gearbox to handle the power because n/a gearboxes are not the same box and are weak.and after all this,you can't just bolt a turbo onto an n/a.you need new fuel pump,injectors,manifold,turbo,gaskets,ecu,intercooler,piping,new holes to be cut in the body for intercooler piping,bov,lower the compression and there ain't no guarantee of how long the setup would last.and after getting it all done and f**kin around,you have to get it engineered and modplated which can be a massive f**k around.

Or you sell an n/a for way more than its worth because of these laws to a kid that would like to drive a skylines on their P's and you buy a GTST/GTS25T/GT-T for less or as Much money as you sold the NA for and lo and behold it already has all the turbo gear already in it with nothing missing,no engine to take apart and no certificates and modplates to procure.

Hope this helps to the enth degree.

Edited by Blueone

HMMMMMM...... Now I am also thinking about a supra :D that is also one of my favorite cars haha. The Skylines and supras are my favorite cars of all time. is it hard to find a non turbo supra? if so, how much would you be looking to spend one a good quality one? there are 6cyl 3.0L non turbo ones yeah?

Most supras are non turbo They generally go for between 8500-15000

true shit.

dunno about down your way but up here in QLD i swear every supra is N/A lol.

Yeah every second p-plater in NSW has one

The reason for that is cause there is no turbo supra they are twin turbo with a bullet proof engine so they are much more expensive than a gtst or gtt

I'm definitely aiming for an R34 GT-T or better.

I'm not off my P's currently but I'm in the last 6 months of my green phase at least.

Supras tend to be a rare sight for me in WA.. especially ones with p plates on them.

See the odd skylines with p plates as well.

I was driving a done up lancer during my green P's and when I got to the last 4 months I bought a 240rwkw Silvia S13, honestly it's not like your gonna fail your opens test it's the easiest one of them all, in NSW anyway

I've owned my R34GTT with red P's for the last 4 months now and I'm loving every second of it. In the morning I wake up just to drive it to uni. During class, I watch the clock until I can drive it home.

It's a great car with plenty of power for a P plater. The NEO head gives pretty good fuel economy too, so young people like us can afford to fuel it. There's also enough room in the back to fit a couple more mates in every now and then, cause once you get a Skyline, everyone wants to ride with you. thumbsup.gif

I've got a mate with an '06 WRX STI and I can't really tell the difference between the two. The thing that stands out the most is that my car is limited to 180kph lol. Not to mention his was double the price.

Personally I've never drifted or smoked it up in my R34. Before I purchased it, like you, I had the intention to. But once I owned it I didn't want to damage my car because it had become my pride and joy. Not just a powerful toy to thrash about. Sometimes I think that it would have been better for me to get an AWD for my track racing.

But since the laws are a little more lenient here in WA, I'm not as confident on how an N/A would go. If you want a car to go all out on the track then have you considered a Honda Type R or VTEC? With P plate restrictions I reckon you're quite limited in terms of N/A performance cars. In my previous VTEC power to weight felt great and there was a nice little kick when the cams switched over. Shame that most of them only come in FWD besides the S2000 (and NSX but that's a little more costly of course!).

I dunno bout hondas, never really liked em too much sorry :( Still between a skyline and a supra now haha, my minds changed a million times in the last 4 days, so whos to know what I will be wanting in 5 or 6 months time :P But I do like the sound of 160-170kw NA supra with RWD, sounds awesome :D

I dunno bout hondas, never really liked em too much sorry :( Still between a skyline and a supra now haha, my minds changed a million times in the last 4 days, so whos to know what I will be wanting in 5 or 6 months time :P But I do like the sound of 160-170kw NA supra with RWD, sounds awesome :D

A real boatload of fun :)

Oh ye :D And actually, around where I live (Hornsby/ Asquith) I see millions of rexs, evos, skylines and falcondores, but I have only ever seeen 3 supras, and one wass out near turrumurra, so I reckon it wuldnt be too harmful to see another supra poppin around Hornsby :P

Oh ye :D And actually, around where I live (Hornsby/ Asquith) I see millions of rexs, evos, skylines and falcondores, but I have only ever seeen 3 supras, and one wass out near turrumurra, so I reckon it wuldnt be too harmful to see another supra poppin around Hornsby :P

Yeah but 2j sounds like the straight 6 version of a Hyundai with a cannon.

Although I have noticed that all, or most of the sz supras (the non turbo p plater friendly ones) that they are only 5 speed manual. What would the top speed be? and are there any real draw back, or any advantages to having a 5 spped manual over a 6 speed manual? cheers.

Please show me this 1k mastery you speak of.

You would have to upgrade the braking system to GTST brakes,and i dont believe that just means calipers.

You would want to upgrade your hubs to 5 stud instead of 4 stud. then you would need a turbo diff and possibly a different stronger tailshaft.then comes a gearbox,you would be needing a turbo gearbox to handle the power because n/a gearboxes are not the same box and are weak.and after all this,you can't just bolt a turbo onto an n/a.you need new fuel pump,injectors,manifold,turbo,gaskets,ecu,intercooler,piping,new holes to be cut in the body for intercooler piping,bov,lower the compression and there ain't no guarantee of how long the setup would last.and after getting it all done and f**kin around,you have to get it engineered and modplated which can be a massive f**k around.

Or you sell an n/a for way more than its worth because of these laws to a kid that would like to drive a skylines on their P's and you buy a GTST/GTS25T/GT-T for less or as Much money as you sold the NA for and lo and behold it already has all the turbo gear already in it with nothing missing,no engine to take apart and no certificates and modplates to procure.

Hope this helps to the enth degree.

I'm not going to even bother.

Try reading through this.

For the record, R34's have 5 studs already.

Edited by Converge

1. Mods on N/A cars are not worth the money : kW outcome

2. Only real power = engine mods

3. Engine mods are illegal (points back to point 2)

4. Engine mods are expensive (points back to point 1)

5. Even if a turbo was bolted on, max power with awesome mods won't be greater than 300kW at the wheels

6. Value of the car stays the same, if not decreases because of the mods

7. If an RB25DET was dropped in, brakes, suspension, gear-box, clutch, ECU...etc...would all need to be upgraded which defeats the purpose of "cheap turbo"

8. I'm running out of single digit numbers