SAU Community

R33 Or R34?

The GTS, RB20E models can't be imported any more. The GTS25 RB25DE models can though. Mine came in in 2001

Wrong.only R33 GTS25 Coupes can be imported. 4 doors are no longer allowed which is why i asked. i think its bullshit but. afaik they weigh 30kg more.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, quick question. If I was to get a supra sz and got the entire exhaust system done with wider piping etc and then put a pod filter with cold air intake. If I was to get it dyno tuned, how much, or would there be much, of an improvement in regards to the kw's it puts out?? Cheers.

Hey, quick question. If I was to get a supra sz and got the entire exhaust system done with wider piping etc and then put a pod filter with cold air intake. If I was to get it dyno tuned, how much, or would there be much, of an improvement in regards to the kw's it puts out?? Cheers.

Couldn't tell ya mate. but if you go over the recommended size for an exhaust on an N/A engine you end up in the dumb fart zone. i wouldn't know what the recommended size would be but for an example afaik you dont want any bigger than 2.25" on an rb30 in a 31.

Pod filter should do something. A big difference would be extractors but those are illegal for you.

REALLY? extractors are illegal? dam, my mate got them done :P but in all honesty, HOW would a cop know what is illegal and what isnt? unless he was like, some mad import nut, then he may know, but how would they know? they cant take your care for testing on 'suspicions' can they? and I know this is dumb, but they say p platers cant be over 200kw or something like that, again, can cops tell if your gonna be like, 5 kw's over? thanks for the fast reply btw :D

REALLY? extractors are illegal? dam, my mate got them done :P but in all honesty, HOW would a cop know what is illegal and what isnt? unless he was like, some mad import nut, then he may know, but how would they know? they cant take your care for testing on 'suspicions' can they? and I know this is dumb, but they say p platers cant be over 200kw or something like that, again, can cops tell if your gonna be like, 5 kw's over? thanks for the fast reply btw :D

Afaik you aren't allowed extractors on P Plates in your state. someone correct me if i am wrong.

lol you think extractors have anything to do with imports? If you aren't allowed it,a cop can find it. Take heed.

And yes they can take you to the pits under suspicion.

The 200kw rule is for factory output. not what its doin on the dyno. for example non SIDI VE commodores are rated 195kw but SIDI VE commodores are rated 205kw. there's your difference,clear cut.

Afaik you aren't allowed extractors on P Plates in your state. someone correct me if i am wrong.

lol you think extractors have anything to do with imports? If you aren't allowed it,a cop can find it. Take heed.

The 200kw rule is for factory output. not what its doin on the dyno. for example non SIDI VE commodores are rated 195kw but SIDI VE commodores are rated 205kw. there's your difference,clear cut.

by that do u sorta mean that u cant by a car if its factory tune puts the car higher then 200kws?

Ahh ok now i get it, and u still cant go past it a whole lot cuz u can do a turbo or engine mods, so NOW I understand how they are keeping p platers under the powerful level :P what a pain :D Do you think chipping an na car is worth it? and wuld it be p plater legal do u think?

Ahh ok now i get it, and u still cant go past it a whole lot cuz u can do a turbo or engine mods, so NOW I understand how they are keeping p platers under the powerful level :P what a pain :D Do you think chipping an na car is worth it? and wuld it be p plater legal do u think?

Yeah chipping might do something and as if the cops will know unless you go under the pits and they wanna see your ecu lol(highly unlikely). But in all seriousness you should listen to my previous 6am ramble, with the attitude you have towards a car on your P's you will either write it off or cause an accident. P's is for proper road experience not power output,0-100 times,skids and whatever else you shouldn't be worrying about. play the Hoon on your P's and you will lose your licence atleast once. food for thought.

Yee tru tru, not like im not taking ur advice into consideration, alot more 'matured' drivers I know say the same thing lol. Just that I have loved cars since I was around 5 when it started, so I am just soooo impatient now :P but am slowly crawling to the finish line (fulls license ) in 2 years :D

any engine mod is illegal on p-plates.. yes they can do pretty much what they like.. Up to you to prove it's not.. Do what you want but don't cry whe you get butt-hurt..

Depends on what model you get..

omega, berlina or SV6.. My SV6 is 210kw factory.. berlina is 175kw i think.... omega has the same engine as berlina so i assume it will be the same.. I see tonnes of p platers in SV6 utes.. i don't think the police would really bother you in a SV6 as long as you arent a dickhead.. Unforunately 95% of these p platers are dickheads..

EDIT: The ones I see is what i'm taling about.. Before all the p platers have a cry about how good they drive.. They all seem to be in a hurry somewhere..

Edited by .:: GimpS-R34 ::.

I like you Craig,

@ Wrath - that is basically my plan :D Want mah AWD

It's a lot easier being in WA compared to the other states as far as restrictions for P platers goes.

I've seen red P platers in R32 GTRs and the likes.. makes me jealous.. But I'd rather wait until I don't have the plates to make myself -less- of a target

@ OP - I think if I were in your position, i'd go with a car with a bit of fuel efficiency until you're off the P's to ease savings and such.

I'm driving my VT wagon currently. I get 800kms odd out of my tank which i think is pretty farkin good, I haven't modded it in any form, never going to.

I'm going to keep it until I get the GTR, which I know will take a while but it'll be worth it in the end.

Either way, in the end the choice is up to you, we're all giving you the advice, so take what you will and use it with good reason.

Take it easy,

Rick

All gr8 advice, I rly do appreciate it all. I may just get somewthing like a little trueno or something in manual till the years are up I dunno. And in regards to p platers, it seems to me that all p platers where I live (Hornsby, Sydney) do nothing wrong, I havent seen a single p plater do anything wrong in their cars yet, I know they are out there, put just putting it out there, not too many ppl around my around are car nuts except the full license drivers anywho :D

any engine mod is illegal on p-plates.. yes they can do pretty much what they like.. Up to you to prove it's not.. Do what you want but don't cry whe you get butt-hurt..

Depends on what model you get..

omega, berlina or SV6.. My SV6 is 210kw factory.. berlina is 175kw i think.... omega has the same engine as berlina so i assume it will be the same.. I see tonnes of p platers in SV6 utes.. i don't think the police would really bother you in a SV6 as long as you arent a dickhead.. Unforunately 95% of these p platers are dickheads..

EDIT: The ones I see is what i'm taling about.. Before all the p platers have a cry about how good they drive.. They all seem to be in a hurry somewhere..

Fair enough. not so much if cops catch you with a commodore that has 5-10kw extra kw, more to the point of all insurance being invalid when you have an accident. shit would go south so hard.

ye haha, I was with my dad when he called the insurance company a few weeks after I did stuff to my car. He told them that I had a few modifications on it, they said that they do not need to know what has been done, so he asked if the conversation is being recorded, she said yes, so my dad proceeded to just say everything I had done to my car without them wanting to know, then hung up lol. He hates insurance companies cuz he knows what they do, theyr are your best friends, then something happens, and they dont remember anything u say lol.

ye haha, I was with my dad when he called the insurance company a few weeks after I did stuff to my car. He told them that I had a few modifications on it, they said that they do not need to know what has been done, so he asked if the conversation is being recorded, she said yes, so my dad proceeded to just say everything I had done to my car without them wanting to know, then hung up lol. He hates insurance companies cuz he knows what they do, theyr are your best friends, then something happens, and they dont remember anything u say lol.

Or better still they have someone in custody for stealing your car (caught red handed stripping it under their house), but the insurance company still insinuates that you stole it and tries to "cacth you out" with rediculous questions when you go to ID the car at their assessment centre...wtf? Fortunately it was stolen from the driveway of a Senior Sergeant.

Or better still they have someone in custody for stealing your car (caught red handed stripping it under their house), but the insurance company still insinuates that you stole it and tries to "cacth you out" with rediculous questions when you go to ID the car at their assessment centre...wtf? Fortunately it was stolen from the driveway of a Senior Sergeant.

lol is that serious?