SAU Community

Sau:nsw 24Th July Megalong Valley Social Cruise

GTRsean

I wonder if any damage was done to the megalong valley road with that bad weather 2wks ago, I usually do a delivery to the tea rooms twice a week but havent in a month (although now ive said this u can guarantee ill be down there tomorrow)...i'll check with the dropkicks at the council before sunday.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone leaving from the innercity? would love to meet up at stanmore maccas or similar and go from there, nine ish?

otherwise how are we going on road condition/weather updates? any idea of numbers?

otherwise how are we going on road condition/weather updates? any idea of numbers?

Pat.... really? The last few posts have been about the weather/road.

Post #7 has the people attending.

Don't make me say it!

anyone leaving from the innercity? would love to meet up at stanmore maccas or similar and go from there, nine ish?

Yeah we'd be keen to meet you there what time?

Pm me your number and I'll SMS you

Shells is mad

Pat.... really? The last few posts have been about the weather/road.

Post #7 has the people attending.

Don't make me say it!

Hahah say Whaaaaaat? (what pronounced with a rising intonation..not sure how to put that in text form..)

all those posts about the weather made me think of it hence wondering if now its closer that anyone has a more accurate forecast but my bad for not elaborating.

as for numbers, same thing. Thought a few more might have confirmed/dropped out since and someone could be bothered doing a new count?

anyhoo

screw PMing you Mick, heres me number. anyone else happy to meet up there feel free to text/wake up call me

all those posts about the weather made me think of it hence wondering if now its closer that anyone has a more accurate forecast but my bad for not elaborating.

as for numbers, same thing. Thought a few more might have confirmed/dropped out since and someone could be bothered doing a new count?

The posts about the weather were done the night before your 3am post... that's what I was saying... how much do you think had changed? lol

Sean's keeping the 'attending' list up to date.

Anyway................. :P

oh She mad

how much do you think had changed? lol

time for another well thought out near 3 am post i think..weather could have changed HEAPS in one night, for all i know since last time some guru looked at a sattelite map a butterfly could have flapped its wings in Japan and caused a ripple in the space-time continum resulting in gale force winds in Penrith on sunday and ...and...

yeah i guess i am kinda weird.

Beer and pies on me this wknd!

:cheers:

(for the first 3 to make it to the rest stop)

guys,

I heard from a mate of mine dont know if here is scaring me or not, he saids that this Official Club organise crusie there is a high possiblity there is gonna be some highway patrols are waiting for us !! it will be really sad if we bump into one of those !! have you guys had any of those experience in the past ??

cheers

Highway patrol do exist in the mountains (surprise) they have 2 marked and 2 unmarked falcadores.

Megalong Valley Rd doesnt need cops to patrol it because the cliff on 1 side and rock face onthe other side is enough to take care of lunatic drivers!

There is always HWP along Bells Line. Never have given me any grief though, and I've been going up and down that road every other month since I got my licence :)

u can hear the ocean if i put my ear up to her..

Pat, I love hatin' on you... out of all the weirdos I know, you're my favourite! :happy:

*blush*

would the cops be targeting us ie. the cruise specifically Wlin or was he just giving you a general alert re the cops that are always there, im not too worried as all the cruises i have been on are conducted at barely 50kms/hr with all the people worried about getting lost, getting stuck behind trucks and skyline drivers too worried about scraping their rims/guards on the pot holes..

its on the hell night runs through their with just 3 or 4 cars that i have seen ..ahem, slightly higher speeds but thats usually so late at night all the public servants are in bed or having their last coffee for the night.