SAU Community

Hid's Went Spastic

last night my HIDs turned into strobe lights while i was driving for a bout 20 minutes until i stopped.

i had to drive with them off coz it was just too bright. i seemed to be doing only on bumpy roads which would suggest a loose wire, but i pulled over for about 20 minutes and set off again and it didnt do it any more.

any ideas?

ps probably not related but when i went to set off again my car wouldnt start, i opend the bonnet, didnt really do anything just touched the possitive terminal and thats about it, then it started, probably not but it could be somewhat related

Any help is appreciated

Sounds like there's a loose connection somewhere?

Maybe you should try cleaning the battery terminals and then double check all the wirings for your HIDs.

And maybe make sure all your ground wires are connected properly and have good contact..

Also, is it just one side of the HID? If so, maybe try the good ballast on the bad side? Could be your ballast too.

what HIDS are u running good ones or cheap ones ???

i have had the same problem when drifting with my old HID lights i checked everything couldnt rectify it so i borrower a set from a mate and thay worked fine turned out was mine were cheap and the ballistrates would go spastic n my lights went disco style