SAU Community

R33 Gtst Electrical Problem

Jamie72

hi all ,after removing boot sub/twin amp setup from my r33,i then installed a new stereo useing the aeropro connectors,

wouldnt work ,connected up a earth where the factory plug had none but the aeropro plug did,great all working,park car in shed.

next morning went to sort out electric aerial(motor working but no up or down),removed from bracket and left connected,ignition on,door beeper slowly stops beeping(quieter and

quieter then nothing),

stereo not working now.

test red wire from stereo(ign on acc),power good,test yellow wire from stereo very faint power but only after switching ign on,

(still no door beeper and no radio power)

run power from other switch(from one of the climate control plugs)to the yellow wire,door beeper works and stereo works,

so some how after removing the electric aerial from its

bracket,and fitting a new better battery,im looseing voltage to the yellow wire on the adaptor(also tested on oem plug side and same there),

also since this has been happening the battery light is now on in the dash,checked and rechecked both earth strap and pos lead at battery end,

at soem stage during all of this i was moveing the aerial about while still connected and noticed a change in the beeper sound,but since no beeper..

un plugged the elec aerial ,no change,

all seems good and there is plenty of cranking power when starting the engine...

help please!

Hey Jamie, you checked all the fuse? i just replace my died battery today on my R33 Gtst with stereo sound system. and then after that i start my car then the battery light is on on my dash and no power on the radio as well. Pretty much same what you having right now. but have power on window/light/Air cond etc. And then i went back to SuperCheap because i got the battery there, the guy checked for me and my power was on 10.5v on starting engine and V doesnt go up when we rev the engine. And then he said to me, the alternator is broken and need to get it replace as soon as possible otherwise it won't charge the battery and the battery will go flat very fast. I am not 100% sure he is right but i will go around and ask about the alternator.

hey thanks for the replies,actually after the post from DVS JEZ,I went back and went over the fuse`s again,

found 2 were in fact buggered even though to look at they seemed fine.

so thanks guys much appreciated,your prompts lead me to sorting it out.

I spent hours pulling my hair out over something I should have checked more carefully.