SAU Community

Alpine Head Unit Problem

mii11x

Hey guys,

I installed a new alpine cda117e head unit today (into a 32 gts) and works fine, however, i have programmed (press and hold the desired number 1-6) the radio stations in but when i turn the car off and back on again the stations are not in my presets.

I have looked throught the manual numerous times but i cant seem to find any info that would help me store the stations.....i assume if i set the fader, balance, eq settings they too would be lost upon shutdown of the car, though i have not tried this yet.

Does anyone have one of these units?? or does anyone have any suggestions as to why this would be happening??

Thanks for your time

Mick

your constant wire isnt wired up properly, should be the yellow one, need to be spliced into a wire that has power when your keys not in the car or connected directly to the battery,

every time you turn your car off there is no power flowing to it to keep the memory.

red should be wired to accessories- something that has power only when the car is on, this is what tells the unit to turn on, like the ignition switch or cigarette lighter.

yellow is to keep the memory

red should be wired to accessories- something that has power only when the car is on, this is what tells the unit to turn on, like the ignition switch or cigarette lighter.

yellow is to keep the memory

thanks for reply mate, i was starting to think i may have missed something in the wiring (guess you shouldnt try this stuff while on the cans lol), ill rip it out on the weekend and check it all again, i prob missed splicing it in by the sounds of it