SAU Community

Nismo Clusters

riley

im interested in buying one of those nismo, 320kph 11,000rpm clusters but im not sure whether or not it will work in my car or not. is it a straight plug and play, or do i need to rewire it. and ive

also got a series two with A-lsd, slip, ABS and hicas lights, would these still light up on them or not. even if they dont will it impede on the system or will it work perfectly fine?

any help would be great.

everything will work but you'll have to re calibrate the speedo, where u getting yours from an how much?

$707.47 from Nengun preformance in japan thats brand new, but i can prolly find one cheaper than that.

haha i bet. but their even dearer.lol but i still want one. unfortunatly i just bought another engine cause mines stuffed, u got any idea where the best place is to order a engine rebuild kit would be for a series 2 rb25det? and a head gasket to suit a bored 25 to 27?

i didnt have to with mine

thats prolly cause u own a GTR lol. mine's a gts-t. the nismo clusters would be designed for a gtr is my guess not a gts-t

they are expensive mofos, i havnt had any luck finding cheaper fark paying 700 for one.. power fc will show me how fast i went!

It only goes upto 179km/h

It only goes upto 179km/h

No it goes much higher then that

Because the R33's have electronic speedos rather then cable driven, the speed is sensed from the gearbox output shaft and converted in to an electronic signal. I'm pretty sure that both GTS-t and GTR both have the same diff ratio, so the speed sensed from the output shaft would be transmitted as the same value to the speedo from both gearboxes.

The only thing that would make them different would be a different diff ratio. I'm pretty sure they both share the same ratio, but happy to be corrected

really pete!!! Thats great then!!! Gotta love Nismo

Please PM me a price, im after a white faced one for R33

hey can i also get a price for that same dash? they are nice upgrade :ninja:

Edited by SliverS2

No it goes much higher then that

Because the R33's have electronic speedos rather then cable driven, the speed is sensed from the gearbox output shaft and converted in to an electronic signal. I'm pretty sure that both GTS-t and GTR both have the same diff ratio, so the speed sensed from the output shaft would be transmitted as the same value to the speedo from both gearboxes.

The only thing that would make them different would be a different diff ratio. I'm pretty sure they both share the same ratio, but happy to be corrected

I could only ever get mine to go upto 179kp/h on my R32 :/

• 1 month later...

all stock japans cars have limiters built in by the computer this is what they call the genltemens agreement. the R35 GTR has a sat navi so that if your on a race track it unlocks the full power of the GTR.

I could only ever get mine to go upto 179kp/h on my R32 :/

They mean the actual number represented on the Power FC hand controller. Every one knows that Jap cars are speed limited to 180km/h. It had nothing to do with a "gentlemans agreement", it was simply that you only needed to build the car to be able to go to a maximum of 180km/h safely. The "gentlemens agreement" was referred to manufacturers in the 90's limiting power output to 206kw (even though they didn't).

And the R35 GTR doesn't unlock the full power when you go on a race track, it simply removes the speed limiter.