SAU Community

2011 Gt-R Top Gear Lap Time

RCCC

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course its that much quicker, the MY11 has the latest generation Dunlop Series II runflat on it, which is - seconds - quicker anywhere than the original Bridgestone the MY09/10 came with. Thats a big part of the cars speed difference, obviously the tweaks all play a part, but grip is king :)

A bit will come from the geometry changes too. Not much has been made of it in the wider world so far but the extra castor in the 2011 would be of significant benefit in the tighter sections of that track. It would be a fair bit less push under-steery I would think.

the original GTR time was on a speed limited to 180 JDM spec

cant make a comparison unfortunately

but yep, as most people are saying, the new tyres are noticeably grippier

You're thinking of the first GTR test on Aussie top Gear. The Pommy version 09 GTR wasn't speed limited.

A bit will come from the geometry changes too. Not much has been made of it in the wider world so far but the extra castor in the 2011 would be of significant benefit in the tighter sections of that track. It would be a fair bit less push under-steery I would think.

Not much understeer there, looks like its superby driven as well :worship:

Wow such a great testimony to what the GT-R is all about SETTING THE FKN BENCHMARK!!! Amazingly quick I didnt expect it ahead of the Zonda/Veyron thats insane!

I really want to know what the Aventador is going to do round that track :)

thought it was more around 508 ish?

still, small changes make a big difference sometimes...gotta be the best BFYB around that's for sure.