SAU Community

Chinese Hybrids ..... opinions?

Their exhausts are supposed to be shit.Thats what some of the mrt forum boys are saying.But im not saying that these intercoolers are in the same boat,the intercoolers seem to be good and for their price would be an excellent upgrade for anyone i personally think their over exaduration and not enough information is what is lacking in both these forum threads. :(

yeah it was a tough call but i decided just to go with the cheapy ...... paul said he'll try and get me a geniune hybrid first but theres only like two left in perth cos they are stopping bringing them in for the cheapies. He's assured me its all the same apart from the tanks are different.

hmm just curious, as my friend has a 'genuine' Hybrid Super Monster (the big one) on his Pulsar ET, now there is nothing wrong with the quality of that thing. i have also seen Apexi sell a 'hybrid' intercooler is this the same again?

what i am assuming is the core is all made in the same factory, and at my guess they all get pressure tested etc and the best ones go to say apexi, the second ones to say hybrid and then anything left over goes to the 'chinese immitations'.

i have a non hybrid badged intercooler 600x300x75 bar and plate core with polished end tanks, it's EXACTLY the same as a hybrid super monster intercooler in every way except for badge. ive seen these coolers right next to each other and the only difference is the actual hybrid badge. yes they come from the same factory.

PHaT MR30, no you're getting confused with Hybrid the brand, apexi's gt spec intercoolers use a delta fin hybrid core. not a bar and plate or tube and fin.

ahhhh so you have one boost? cos i was trying to find out who has them in perth so i could ask what they think :D One gets order for my car today .... i just wanted to check cos im someone tht would rather spend the extra money and have no hassles instead of buying something cheap and nasty and then spend the rest of my life trying to repair it ...... but since everyone says that they are very similar and noones had any hassles then i dont mind putting one on my car :)