SAU Community

Id Injectors

tk80

I had the 1600's on a 1000hp land cruiser, motec was not controlling them very good, put in a set of 2000's and it was perfect.

2000's and 1000's are perfect, they idled a 1.5 litre engine with ID2000's.

I purchased Bosch 2000's thinking they were ID2000's hopefuly it was a 1 off thing but one of the 6 flowed 7% at low duty cycle and fouled the plug real bad..

I since got a set of Id1600 which have been recalled so im not having a good run with injectors. :(

I had the 1600's on a 1000hp land cruiser, motec was not controlling them very good, put in a set of 2000's and it was perfect.

2000's and 1000's are perfect, they idled a 1.5 litre engine with ID2000's.

How lean were you able to get the 2000's on 98 octane?

@ idle? if so whatever we set them at.

Do you have any problems getting 14?:1 at idle? Im not sure if its a Cobb (35GTR) issue but a few guys have complained about getting good mixtures on normal 98 with the 2000's?

Do you have any problems getting 14?:1 at idle? Im not sure if its a Cobb (35GTR) issue but a few guys have complained about getting good mixtures on normal 98 with the 2000's?

I struggled on an EXOX with the 2000cc getting back to closed loop idle using std ECU even on E85. Ended up pulling them out and going back to the 1000cc injectors.

I suppose it going to get worse on a 6 or 8 over a 4 so i reckon we have bit of a one sided story as most of the 2000 we use are on 4cyl.

Ive just done a 350Z turbo (return less fuel system) and it was hell tricky with the haltech to keep a steady idle (as factory ecu trys to hold a 650rpm idle) but i put that down to the elec throttle and Zero adjustments in the haltech for it.... i might upgrade to the later TB to get a small adjustment.

i havent used cob on the r35 does it allow you to enter all the relevant data? breakpoints, high low flow etc?

I suppose it going to get worse on a 6 or 8 over a 4 so i reckon we have bit of a one sided story as most of the 2000 we use are on 4cyl.

Ive just done a 350Z turbo (return less fuel system) and it was hell tricky with the haltech to keep a steady idle (as factory ecu trys to hold a 650rpm idle) but i put that down to the elec throttle and Zero adjustments in the haltech for it.... i might upgrade to the later TB to get a small adjustment.

i havent used cob on the r35 does it allow you to enter all the relevant data? breakpoints, high low flow etc?

Sorry trent no idea on those question. :(

Trent, the VQ35 throttle body does have base idle and home point adjustment screws, you just have to crack it open. I can bring my spare one down and show you if you like. I never bothered as my idle jumped to 800 once the emanage was fitted for some reason.

How did you go with the return-less fuel system? I would have thought you would need an upgrade with that. Did you use the platinum pro or the PS2000 mate?

Breakpoints, Hi/lo flow - your talking ford calibration not nissan.

Last time I looked I'm pretty sure COBB found the injector scaling number and the injector dead time vs batt. Not sure if the min on time had been found though.

Trent, the VQ35 throttle body does have base idle and home point adjustment screws, you just have to crack it open. I can bring my spare one down and show you if you like. I never bothered as my idle jumped to 800 once the emanage was fitted for some reason.

How did you go with the return-less fuel system? I would have thought you would need an upgrade with that. Did you use the platinum pro or the PS2000 mate?

Hmmm just becasue you crank the throttle open doesn't mean that you should do it. There will still be a desired idle speed that it will try to achieve and most likely do it by retarding the timing. It may have gone into a limp mode from you adjusting it - hence the 800rpm idle.

• 2 years later...

Bumping an old topic.......

I'm in the market for a new set of injectors for my rb26, currently 380rwkw on 98 fuel. Making the swap to e85. I've mostly looked at the Bosch 1000cc injector, a few people I know have made 500rwkw with them on higher than stock fuel pressure.

On the other hand most peoples opinions are to go straight for the 2000cc injector.

2 questions are, who has had problems with the 2000cc injectors rubber o ring perishing and growing etc. supposedly the 1000cc are ok for ethanol but not the 2000cc, even though plenty if people seem to be using them........

Other question is, will a platnim pro plug in be able to make the 2000cc injectors idle ok?

The 2000's will idle fine.

For that power don't bother with the 1000's, Unless you are willing to run 100psi fuel pressure. Just get the 2000's, they will be fine for years.

The other option if you have the cash is the Moran's...

http://www.injectorsonline.com/indivprod.php?cid=110

How noisy are these ID1000's? I've got some Deatschwerk / Bosch EV14's and the're as noisy as all fcuk, thought my lifters had run dry or something.

mine are noisy...but no noisier than the stock ones in my old cressida...

• 1 month later...

Has anyone used ID1300 s ?

Im going e85 on my fuel system and was thinking 2000 s but my tuner is not that keen and recons 1300s good for up to 900hp

currently running -5s /2.7 stroker/heavily ported head soon going 6466 or 6766

Should i just get some 2000s and get it over with or listen to them and get 1300s?

cheers

Has anyone used ID1300 s ?

Im going e85 on my fuel system and was thinking 2000 s but my tuner is not that keen and recons 1300s good for up to 900hp

currently running -5s /2.7 stroker/heavily ported head soon going 6466 or 6766

Should i just get some 2000s and get it over with or listen to them and get 1300s?

cheers

What's the problem with the 2000's in his eyes?