SAU Community

Castle Hill Vs Liverpool Exhaust

SKITTLES

Okay, so I've got a quote for a full exhaust system with an xforce vertex adjustable muffler from these two companies...

Castle Hill Exhaust: $1450

Liverpool Exhaust: $1850

Liverpool exhaust seemed a little more flexible with their price, though.

Regardless, Liverpool put up a good front; explained the exhaust I would be getting, all aussie parts where available, custom-made, mandrel bent piping etc.

CHE seem a lot more in-out-done.. but in a good way.

Anyone had any experiences with either?

$1850 is way to expensive for a XForce exhaust. $1450 sounds about right for a turbo back stainless Xforce system with that muffler. Call around a couple others, since its a off the shelf system alot of workshops should be able to quote you for it as well.

$1850 is way to expensive for a XForce exhaust. $1450 sounds about right for a turbo back stainless Xforce system with that muffler. Call around a couple others, since its a off the shelf system alot of workshops should be able to quote you for it as well.

Yeah, it's really expensive :S

And it's not an xforce exhaust. Xforce don't do an exhaust system for a non-turbo Skyline, so I have to get the piping and such custom made (apparently).

I'm essentially looking for 2.5" mandrel bent piping, new headers, new cat, varex muffler.

For future reference, the following people are on xforces recommendation list for my area (toongabbie)

Performance Exhaust, Northmead - 9683 5688

Budget Exhaust, Merrylands - 9637 0455

Carline Mufflers, Seven Hills - 9838 9999

Charleston Exhaust, Blacktown - 9621 6695

I'll give them all a call and post the quotes.

I just spoke to Performance Exhaust at Westmead.

Looking at around 1700-ish for 2.5" mild steel piping.

100 cell hi-flow cat.

8x4 resonator.

The guy sounded like he knew his shit, was very helpful and quite frankly ran a great front. I'll probably pay him a visit if I get the cash xD

mate do not spend more than 700 on an exhaust system, whther you have the cash or not, especially for a NA, I do not see why people do that, go for a mild steel 2.5 system, or look here on sau for 2nd hand exhaust systems and bits you can add together, shop around! The gains are not worth it for the money

i had my own exhaust, went to liverpool exhaust to install, they stuffed up my old one ( they shattered the cats) and i had to get new ones, they were to busy and just wanted you in and out for the next payment and they seem like pricks as well... plus the long wait too. imo avoid them.

Don't buy either, get on eBay and by Japanese which are ready made for your skyline already and will be cheaper and more effective than anything offered in Australia unless you need a 4" custom system.

Unless you want a 3" catback for a V8 L series motor, don't go anywhere near 'X-farce'.

Note: Apexi make a manual valve system similar to what you would get from the Varex muffler only much much cheaper, if your only looking to use it once or twice to keep the cops at bay.

Okay, so I've got a quote for a full exhaust system with an xforce vertex adjustable muffler from these two companies...

Castle Hill Exhaust: $1450

Liverpool Exhaust: $1850

Liverpool exhaust seemed a little more flexible with their price, though.

Regardless, Liverpool put up a good front; explained the exhaust I would be getting, all aussie parts where available, custom-made, mandrel bent piping etc.

I know the owner of CHE, and would recommend them to anyone.

mate do not spend more than 700 on an exhaust system, whther you have the cash or not, especially for a NA, I do not see why people do that, go for a mild steel 2.5 system, or look here on sau for 2nd hand exhaust systems and bits you can add together, shop around! The gains are not worth it for the money

x2. The price of second hand exhausts on here and even ebay is ridiculous. Save your money, and buy other stuff with it!

far out those exhausts are expensive,

i got a full custom dump back 4" exhaust with ballistic metal cat and custom rear muffler for $1300 down in wollongong

also varex mufflers are shit, still illegal

as others have said, look on ebay or even just buy a second hand system from the forums.

check out how cheap the cannon mufflers are on ebay america

+1 for windsor exhaust. really good people and pretty fair pricing. might be worth a call to them their number is 45885533 try and talk to russell

^Jusy wondering, when you say manual do you mean it can't be controlled from the driver's seat?

It's a manual cable system as opposed to the electric actuator system of the varex.

Mate, Had a full exhaust done for my old car NA V6 Holden Vectra (was on P's, first car) closedeyes.gif

Got it done at Castle Hill Exhaust, guy that works there is Jack i believe. He fitted the exhaust first thing on a sat morn for me, price was good at late notice as another exhaust shop fitted wrong exhaust size even though i said 2.25inch so he ripped that off and fitted a new custom one with a muffler i supplied.

He rang me while i was walking around the closest shopping area well before i was due to come back to say it had been done, thought the service help and approachability was really good! he fitted me in very late notice i.e. morning after i called.

Also however a big fan of what was said UP ABOVE. $1450 is shit loads for a NA exhaust. I'm cranky about paying $950 HKS high power exhaust cat back for my R32 GTR (fitment will be free for me cheers.gif) also trying to source one from Japan cheaper or second hand one of here for cheaper also.

Personally, when you get a turbo (if ur on P's or aspiring to buy one) save the money for that. Awesome having a new exhaust but downer when u go to sell and look at your lovely exhaust driving away.

my 2 cents. Best of luck mate with new exhaust!! post some pics when u get it done!

JD

I know the owner of CHE, and would recommend them to anyone.

same here, and i second that ;)

they've done plenty of work on my car, not just exhaust, including the z32 gearbox conversion, and my tune.

i have previously recommended them, and will do so again ;)

I paid $250 for 2.5" mild steel cat-back with two mufflers (oval resonator and their Hurricane rear muffler, no tip that was an extra $100 haha) at Liverpool Exhaust, that was a while ago though (about 3-4 years). Don't know how they are now. They quoted me $300 for cat and $300 for extractors.

I think the Varex muffler is about $450 yeah? I'm guessing they are also charging you for the wiring.

Still $1,700+ is expensive, go second hand.

i had my own exhaust, went to liverpool exhaust to install, they stuffed up my old one ( they shattered the cats) and i had to get new ones, they were to busy and just wanted you in and out for the next payment and they seem like pricks as well... plus the long wait too. imo avoid them.

+1

First time i went to Liverpool Exhaust was last week, i was not impressed at all with the work, customer service and pricing of my Varex exhaust they fitted for $600 WITHOUT wiring done.. They wouldn't touch it. Half a job done and just wanted you in and out. I don't recommend anyone to go there.

Note: I was told $550 on the phone supplied and fitted. He charged me $600 because it took longer than expected to fit, but not to mention the 30 min lunch break they took during that time. Rubbish!

+1

First time i went to Liverpool Exhaust was last week, i was not impressed at all with the work, customer service and pricing of my Varex exhaust they fitted for $600 WITHOUT wiring done.. They wouldn't touch it. Half a job done and just wanted you in and out. I don't recommend anyone to go there.

Note: I was told $550 on the phone supplied and fitted. He charged me $600 because it took longer than expected to fit, but not to mention the 30 min lunch break they took during that time. Rubbish!

That is utter bullshit! How can they make you pay more for a half arsed job because they were lazy. f**k that, i would have told them i only had the $550 in my account that they quoted. In reality you should have had to pay them anywhere near that since they quoted you a fitted price, and they didnt even fit it properly. Luckily for them, next to no skyline owners will go there considering the shit that is on this forum about them.

have used liverpool exhaust b4, their quality and workmanship seems to be getting worse

went to Penrith City Exhaust 4721 3838 last time, its only a small shop but the guy does a great job.