SAU Community

R31 Tailights

Okay well i have a ke70 corolla, and i wanted something different so i thought of the idea to have r31 tailights on my car.

I just need to know the dimensions of the tailights so i know how much needs to be cut/ or welded.

so iif anyone knows the exact dimensions or can grab a tape measure and find out for me would be greatly appreciated :D

cheers

zachary.

Go buy a set, or go to a wrecker and measure them.

If you are serious about doing this you will be better off having a set there so you can physically hold them against your car. This will help give you a better idea on how they will look and if they can be made fit.

I have put a set of 240k coupe hotplates in my 240z, so I understand where you're coming from. It's not an overly difficult job for someone who is handy with a few power tools.

I cut a large hole for the lights to clear then made up a 1 piece bracket to mount each light on (for each side) then welded it in place.

Good luck, hope it turns out well.

Go buy a set, or go to a wrecker and measure them.

If you are serious about doing this you will be better off having a set there so you can physically hold them against your car. This will help give you a better idea on how they will look and if they can be made fit.

I have put a set of 240k coupe hotplates in my 240z, so I understand where you're coming from. It's not an overly difficult job for someone who is handy with a few power tools.

I cut a large hole for the lights to clear then made up a 1 piece bracket to mount each light on (for each side) then welded it in place.

Good luck, hope it turns out well.

Yeah someone else has told me to buy a pair,

dont suppose you know how much it will be cause i dont really want to spend money on them and not go through with the conversion

Also does it make my car unroadworthy by having another model car's lights on it ?

cheers

zachary

Can't really comment on it being legal or not as my car is track only, but I would be fairly sure you will need an engineers certificate for it to pass roadworthy. You will almost definitely have to cut away some metal, so that will require one, and the lights themselves being different probably will too.

Not sure of cost but they should be fairly cheap, they are pretty common. Measure a set 1st to make sure they can even be made fit and if they look like they can then go buy them. At a guess they should be less than $50, personally I wouldn't be paying more than $20. I am assuming you're talking about aussie spec ones not import.

If you would like to see some pics of how I done mine then pm me your phone number and I will send them to you.

Edited by rb26zed

Can't really comment on it being legal or not as my car is track only, but I would be fairly sure you will need an engineers certificate for it to pass roadworthy. You will almost definitely have to cut away some metal, so that will require one, and the lights themselves being different probably will too.

Not sure of cost but they should be fairly cheap, they are pretty common. Measure a set 1st to make sure they can even be made fit and if they look like they can then go buy them. At a guess they should be less than $50, personally I wouldn't be paying more than $20. I am assuming you're talking about aussie spec ones not import.

If you would like to see some pics of how I done mine then pm me your phone number and I will send them to you.

I had a feeling i'd need to get an engineered certificate but the cars not roadworthy or regod right now so its not the biggest drama really, i just need them to fit.

Okay so not really that expensive and yeah i'l have to get some dimensions and check it out, i know theyre bigger than ke70 lights but not that much bigger i dont think

yeah that'd be great mate il pm ya.

cheers