SAU Community

New Engine Blown Up At Tuners

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well as far as im aware, most tuners dont intentaly blow up engines. ive had one let go.turns out it was the third second hand piston that was slapped in the engine. (poped 2 times prior and a second hand piston and rings got thrown in...

from what you have said its a slapper with oe strength parts pushing 3x oe power.. you dont really have anyone to blame. was the tuner aware of cast pistons being used? either way. the bolt ons you have are capable of over powering the bottom end..

id be throwing some rods and pistons at it.

did you gap the rings yourself? or did the machine shop do that?

shop did it

yeah he knew they were cast pistons. said hees done heaps around 500-550rwhp. even 600rwhp hees done on one. although im not sure how the mahle pistons compare to standard nissan ones. he said theyd be ok but

Edited by joe blo

I'm not a professional tuner, however I can tune my car the way I want it to run ie: economy off boost and power on boost or if I choose (but I don't) to shoot flames on every downshift. It "should" be a given that someone who tunes cars all day long wouldn't make a mistake like that. I know I wouldn't and I only tune mine and a couple of mates cars. No det here.

Pretty sure both tuners I have been to made me sign a disclaimer before they would tune my car, saying that I understood and accepted there were risks in putting my car on the dyno and they would not be held responsible if anything went wrong.

Pretty sure both tuners I have been to made me sign a disclaimer before they would tune my car, saying that I understood and accepted there were risks in putting my car on the dyno and they would not be held responsible if anything went wrong.

oh yep

Joe, you're on an Internet forum, how do you expect us to give you an explanation??

I cant disassemble your engine from here and measure it with a micrometer.

Have you even pulled it yet?

Joe, you're on an Internet forum, how do you expect us to give you an explanation??

I cant disassemble your engine from here and measure it with a micrometer.

Have you even pulled it yet?

well youve given the diagnosis its all my fault. yous have gotta know what from.

Mate without giving you shit about it I would say read a stack of books about professional engine building and (almost) memorize them and thoroughly understand them. Hey at least it ran right?! So you have a basic foundation of knowledge there. Don't stop learning now, we learn from our own, and others mistakes. It takes years to gain the skills to work on cars properly. I'm 30 and pulled my first stromberg carby apart when I was ten. I'm still learning. I would say, pay to get it built next time and then you'll have the car/engine you that will last too. In the mean time get reading those text books or get a mechanic apprenticeship.