SAU Community

Show and Shine - the wrap up thread

Jimbo2000

Wow.

What an amazing turnout, both entrants and spectators.

really, very well done to all the organisers behind it... brilliant work!!!!

was really good to put faces to almost all the names on here :)

that being said, i'll let the photo show you how i feel now

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it was a great day, thanks to all the organisers and to everyone who came.

Jimbo how long did it take u to get home? i beeped u so u would take the old pac hwy with me, it was really quick nealy no traffic... :D

i got really burnt too :)

Good day all!!!

Some nice shiners especially the two blue R34 GTRs and the Black one *droooools*

Sorry I didnt say Hi to alot of people but the heat and the 'official' SAU shirt bearers were quite intimidating :), expect to see me in future cruises and meet ups :D

Cheers!

Yea it was a good turn out. Would've liked to have seen a couple of silvias there though, there's a few on the coast. It's made me real keen to get an r32 haha

It was very impressive. Not that I had doubts but when I arrived and saw the amount and caliber of cars, and out of Sydney so took some effort well, it was class.

Well done and must do it again maybe make it annual and in Sydney next time and bound to get many more.

A selection of pics from todays event guys.

Big thanks for everyone that entered and came to spectate. A truely awesome day.

34vspec.jpg

34vspec2.jpg

crowd1.jpg

crowd2.jpg

crowd3.jpg

dedsxe.jpg

gtr026.jpg

nicebay.jpg

nicgtrsns.jpg

s15.jpg

Plenty more - if you want hi res copies email me.

Nick

Wow.

What a day! Next to no sleep, woke up (still drunk) an HOUR EARLY because I forgot about daylight savings, and made my way to Wahroonga Shell servo for the 7am meetup.

Early morning rain meant that the cars had to be re-cleaned when we arrived at Mingara, but it wasn't too bad.

I'm lightly toasted (sunburnt) from walking around all day taking photos.. I still have no idea where all those cars came from!!! All those R34 GTRs came from nowhere! Are they all on the forums? Where did they hear about the Show 'n Shine??? Absolutely AWESOME that they came along though! Made the show eleventy billion times better :)

And all those spectators!!! We should really have asked them where they heard of the event, so we can pursue those avenues of advertising for future events! The spectator turnout was INCREDIBLE!!!

Top marks for all the organisers... I couldn't fault the day one bit, except for the heroes who decided to do burnouts on the grass... I wish I had seen it, because I swear on my life I would have taken down their plates and called the police on them. That kind of immature behaviour has no business taking place at SAU events.

I concur with Andrew - the number of people who took the time to prepare their cars and enter was not expected, there were over 50 entrants and the level cars on display was great, my vote for best car was the midnight purple GTR! Hohoho!

This event has been twelve months in the making, to the organisers who have given their time freely in order to raise the profile of jap imports and to the sponsers who have given freely THANK YOU!!

To the idiots on the grass, in particular the clown in the 180SX in Moanie group, don't bother showing up at any future SAU events, you are NOT welcome.

Spectacular day out guys, the turnout in particular was awesome :)

HGE thanks to all the "officals" who put the day together.

Our pics are up at http://www.hgeconsulting.com.au/gtr/shownshine.htm

(Oh, and I look like a lobster too, but it was worth it :D )

Where's my best interior award :confused:

where your photos are! :)

HTTP Error 404

404 Not Found

The Web server cannot find the file or script you asked for. Please check the URL to ensure that the path is correct.

Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.

Guys, since I am the interface with Mingara - but I wasn't around to witness this behaviour - Can those of you who saw the events please PM or e-mail with any details (plates, names, car makes/models). I will sort it out with Mingara with view for recourse on the offenders.

Pity this tainted an otherwise fantastic day !

Thanks,

Firstly I would like to extend a HGE thank you to my fellow organisers and anyone else who helped us out on the day with running the show. Secondly I cannot thank enough everyone who entered the show and made it such a great event!! I was very surprised at the huge turn out and the huge number of spectators who came though as well. All those R34's came from Powerply as Jo-Anne was really pushing the show for us and then friends told friends.... and the story goes on....

Now I'm going to try and mention everyone here who deserves it.

Dan: Mate you are an animal... It was apleasure to be invoved in such a project with you and your guidance and leadership throughout were second to none. Top effort mate and the club is very lucky to have someone as dedicated as you as our events organiser

B-Man: Thank you so much for the co-ordination with Mingara and all the work with organising the entrants and the stickers. I don't think anyone could complain about entry as you did a top job mate :D

Carlo: You are the man... the trophy's look excellent and your co-ordination of parking the cars was spot on.... We had just enough room for every car and the way you parked them was awesome.. would have been very boring if they were all just in 1 big line.

Nick: You're efforts with UAS and HPI are very much appreciated and as a result we were able to offer some really cool prizes. Thanks also for taking the initiative with the burnout morons.

Christian: El Presidente..... mate that show has got to make you proud for what you've started. Thanks for all your help on the day and for coming through with the fantastic shirts (albeight misspelt :))

Jody: Thank you very much for helping out with the merchandise stand... couldn't have done it without you

Bonkers: A huge thanks for the sale of the raffle tickets when we were short on people for tasks....

Jez: I cannot thank you enough for your help with getting all the food and drink organised for our sweet as BBQ. God knows what I would have had to have gone through yesterday to get all the food if it weren't for you. Thanks again

Tim: Master chef!!! I don't know what to say mate... you owned that BBQ and I'm sure the people who enjoyed our rolls went away happy. I couldn't have run the BBQ without you mate... sorry I wasn't around alot but as you can imagine when we have a million things to do amongst 10 or 12 people it gets very hectic.

Scott: Cheers for your help with the ice on the day mate... much appreicated

Jimbo: Thanks mate for the hand setting up the tables and what not

Daz: Thanks champ.... all the small things and bits n pieces really helped us along.. thanks again

Jo-Anne Emmett: Thank you so much for you efforts pushing this show... the cars that turned up as a result of your efforts through your business were truly amazing and gorgeous. Thank you again to yourself and powerplay for your continued support of the club

Terry Ashwood: The Gibson Motorsport R32 GTR.... what can I say.... best Skyline EVER!!! Thank you so much for bringing the car down and attracting huge crowds for our show :D We look forward to having you as part of the club

To all our category sponsors: Thank you very much for getting behind us and offering us the great prizes that you did

If I have forgotten anyone then I am truly sorry but thank you to all who helped us make this an awesome day and a fantastic success for SAU.

Also I'd like to extend a big congratulations to the winners of all our category's. For those of you who don't know who won:

Best Skyline - EVLR34 Blue R34 GTR

Best GTR - EVLR34 Blue R34 GTR

Best GTsT or Variant - SKYLYN Silver R33 GTsT

Best Engine Bay - ALLSET White R32 GTR

Best Exterior - BY BY Grey R33 GTR

Best Interior - Silver Widebody S15

Best Non-Skyline - Silver Widebody S15

Peoples Choise - DEDSXE Yellow R33 GTsT

/Tosh breathes a MASSIVE sigh of relief

Lets do it all again next year!!!

Yeh where did 34VSPEC and the one next to it come from? They were sweeeeettt gotta love the street slicks :boinkcar::boinkcar:  

Additional note: Skylines Australia has THE BEST collection of Smilies haha

Those cars were thanks to the fantastic efforts of Jo-Anne Emmett from Powerplay Imports who really pushed this show for us amongst her customers :)